Cover for KS16s?

LanghamP

53 minutes ago, Chriull said:

There were some pics of wheels with armless neopren suits - but don't know how much work it is to adopt one...

That's actually kinda brilliant as the neoprene protects from both scratches and impacts. I'm looking...

• Like 1

that wetsuit was probably made in china like all our clothes so they obviously have a lot of seamstresses, u would think they’d start making covers for wheels and snap on bottom foot pads protectors out of nylon our some other material. 

gotta be easier to make a wheel cover as opposed to a wetsuit. i’d gladly buy covers for my wheels as opposed to making my own.

Be advised I do have the V5 cover; while the cover itself is oddly sophisticated (it's a complex multi fabric with multiple layers) I found out the protection works against scratches but is minimal against impacts because it is thin compares to, say, 5mm neoprene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:35 PM, Munsense said:

would buy that if it wasnt 150 bucks O.O

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Found this 

381A40E9-3154-4AC6-A1F6-0CFD1BE8632D.thumb.png.deada7d4f8d3d6c26b65df7ce41bba3e.png

Ups didnt see that it was already posted :D

The cost of replacement panels is half the cost of the neoprene cover. Still might be worth it, though, as neoprene is better than that crappy baby foam that EUC shippers often include.

51 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Got that on mine, enough for me.:ph34r:

60BE5AEC-331B-44EF-8022-2F9A5DBCCDB0.thumb.jpeg.f028203689bcdd8b8679b1c6330996cf.jpeg

I would like a little rain cover just for the top.

I agree. Nice job following the contours. Did you paint your KS? It appears to have a textured, almost rubberized appearance. 

Edited by Rehab1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree. Nice job following the contours. Did you paint your KS? It appears to have a textured, almost rubberized appearance. 

it is rubberized, thats the matte black :P

23 hours ago, Rywokast said:

it is rubberized, thats the matte black :P

Sorry, since @Hunka Hunka Burning Love didn't do it I have to 😘

That wheel is so sexy it had to be rubberized....

Only thing is mine is bigger :whistling::w00t2: being a KS18L matt black rubber ( see signature) and now modded with western bigger pedals 😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, Roadrunner said:

Got that on mine, enough for me.:ph34r:

60BE5AEC-331B-44EF-8022-2F9A5DBCCDB0.thumb.jpeg.f028203689bcdd8b8679b1c6330996cf.jpeg

I would like a little rain cover just for the top.

Was wondering what adhesive you used to tape the padding on, can't seem to get anything to stick to the pads or the surface of the KS16s.

Thanks

On 3/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, Roadrunner said:

I just used the 3m tape that came with it.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:01 AM, Flying W said:

3m mounting tape works good if you want it stay put.  Not the best looking being so thick but the baby foam does not move.  

So I ended up using a giant piece of duct tape then taped the padding on top. Holding on strong so far.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Can someone post a picture of their 16S in a V8 cover? I was waiting on a V10/V10F to drop in price but I found a 3 miles ridden, updated 16S w/ XL pedals and ewheels warranty for $831 shipped and had to snatch it.

Edited by Vince23heat