Gotway Tesla LED ring

US69

Tesla lightmodes:

On my Tesla i found 2 different Lightmodes for the LED Ring(so far):

Mode1: Generel Fast Rotating Lights, when braking the complete Lightring is switching to soft Red. Battery is displayed on max 8 LED's on top, only when Standing still

Mode2:   NO Rotating Lights, but when braking the back of the Lighring is bright Red. (Very good visible) Battery is displayed while driving, and always on.

You Switch through the Mode by short pressing on Powerbutton:

Power On/1.Press-> Mode1 No Frontlight

2. Press-> Mode1 with Frontlight

3.Press-> Mode1 with flash Frontlight

4.Press-> Mode2 No Frontlight

5. Press-> Mode2 with Frontlight

6.Press-> Mode2 with flash Frontlight

Perhaps that helps...

So for fans of fancy light modes: the Lightring is only doing one rotating...not 3 different modes like on KS14/16 and no colorchange possible. Thats a bit weak in my opinion...but i dont Need this fancy stuff  anyway.

For me that means i have to press the button 4 -5timesevery time i have to power on the wheel.....

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Tesla lightmodes:

On my Tesla i found 2 different Lightmodes for the LED Ring(so far):

Mode1: Generel Fast Rotating Lights, when braking the complete Lightring is switching to soft Red. Battery is displayed on max 8 LED's on top, only when Standing still

Mode2:   NO Rotating Lights, but when braking the back of the Lighring is bright Red. (Very good visible) Battery is displayed while driving, and always on.

You Switch through the Mode by short pressing on Powerbutton:

Power On/1.Press-> Mode1 No Frontlight

2. Press-> Mode1 with Frontlight

3.Press-> Mode1 with flash Frontlight

4.Press-> Mode2 No Frontlight

5. Press-> Mode2 with Frontlight

6.Press-> Mode2 with flash Frontlight

Perhaps that helps...

So for fans of fancy light modes: the Lightring is only doing one rotating...not 3 different modes like on KS14/16 and no colorchange possible. Thats a bit weak in my opinion...but i dont Need this fancy stuff  anyway.

For me that means i have to press the button 4 -5timesevery time i have to power on the wheel.....

Good info.

FYI, if you use the latest KingSong app, you can pick from 4 different light modes :thumbup:

That's a bummer - having to press the button so many times when starting. For me it probably won't be an issue because most of my riding is during the day, and I usually only turn on the wheel once per ride.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Good info.

FYI, if you use the latest KingSong app, you can pick from 4 different light modes :thumbup:

That's a bummer - having to press the button so many times when starting. For me it probably won't be an issue because most of my riding is during the day, and I usually only turn on the wheel once per ride.

Ok...it was 4 then :-) As i dont use this at all...i didnt remember correctly. 

Yes, its a bit of a shame, having this LED ring on the TESLA with only just a better on/off function, while it is completly around the wheel, and some other options would be nice!...the 4 times button pressing isnt that bad or ugly as only the first ON press beeps and the other are quiet.

Here we also see another disadvantage of Gotway....no firmware updates possible, so no chance to make this LED ring better, like KS did over their several fw and app updates.

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I was going to ask if it remembered the lighting option. That's a bit of a bummer at every power on. Can you do it quickly or do you have to leave a definite pause between short presses?

You can do it quickly and only the first Power ON press is beeping...but as written above..its a weak implementation 

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok...it was 4 then :-) As i dont use this at all...i didnt remember correctly. 

Yes, its a bit of a shame, having this LED ring on the TESLA with only just a better on/off function, while it is completly around the wheel, and some other options would be nice!...the 4 times button pressing isnt that bad or ugly as only the first ON press beeps and the other are quiet.

Here we also see another disadvantage of Gotway....no firmware updates possible, so no chance to make this LED ring better, like KS did over their several fw and app updates.

If Gotway ever allows firmware updates we will know that that Universes time-continuum has been affected by some unknown force :D 

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Describe these 4 light modes please. 

1. led ring normal rotation on w/wo headlight

2. led ring off w/wo headlight

3. ?

4. ?

1 hour ago, stevedig said:

Describe these 4 light modes please. 

1. led ring normal rotation on w/wo headlight

2. led ring off w/wo headlight

3. ?

4. ?

You're interpreting the 'modes' word wrong. When you enable the light ring on the new KingSong wheels, you can select 4 different modes for how the ring LEDs light - wheel rotation, flashing, dancing, etc. And there are three (maybe four - can't remember right now) colors available. Each color you can pick from an infinite pallet.

7 hours ago, stevedig said:

@KingSong69

Does each press of the power button cycle the next mode or do I have to play codes?

i.e. 4 presses after power on for (we'll call it) mode d, then to get mode e i have to hit the button 5 times.

Nope, from Mode D to Mode E only one press....so you Kinda cycle throught the modes.

OH! modes, not modes... :)

i'm in conflict about the mode cycling process. I'd kinda like to jump right to the mode I want but at the same time don't want to play remember what code that mode was.

i got my mind right... ty gents. 

On 11/7/2017 at 7:05 PM, Marty Backe said:

Each color you can pick from an infinite pallet.

I have looked all over this app and can’t seem to find this feature on my KS16s.  I noticed that they put the old app back in the Apple App Store because the new one was buggy so maybe that’s why.  Im using the older app.

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

I have looked all over this app and can’t seem to find this feature on my KS16s.  I noticed that they put the old app back in the Apple App Store because the new one was buggy so maybe that’s why.  Im using the older app.

I'm using the Android app, version 1.31

Screen shots showing the Version, the LED mode selection (four), and clicking on either of the color circles brings up the color selection wheel.

Screenshot_20171109-083450.png

Screenshot_20171109-083611.png

Screenshot_20171109-083621.png

On 11/9/2017 at 8:43 AM, Marty Backe said:

I'm using the Android app, version 1.31

Screen shots showing the Version, the LED mode selection (four), and clicking on either of the color circles brings up the color selection wheel.

Screenshot_20171109-083450.png

Screenshot_20171109-083611.png

Screenshot_20171109-083621.png

@Marty Backe Sorry, I missed your response to this.  That looks nothing like my iPhone app, so I’m thinking that it must only be an option for Android.  I would like to have a solid color spin so maybe the next iPhone app update will help with this.  Thanks for the screen shots.

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

@Marty Backe Sorry, I missed your response to this.  That looks nothing like my iPhone app, so I’m thinking that it must only be an option for Android.  I would like to have a solid color spin so maybe the next iPhone app update will help with this.  Thanks for the screen shots.

I don't think the Chinese place a priority on the iPhone (it's a niche market in the grand scheme of things). Hope they come thru for you.

19 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They HAD released this version for IOS, also. But unfortunatly it had major flaws on registration through the app, so they decide to roll back completly. Hopefully they fix that soon, as only with the new app you are able to upgrade to newer firmwares.

Archived