Gotway “solves” issues.....

US69

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love @Jason McNeil @Marty Backe @meepmeepmayer

....and all other interested :-)

I just received my Tesla....and first impression is that Hotway is trying to step up the quality a bit!

Wheel looks much better on first look, and yadayadayadaa...will make a “Tesla diary review” in a own thread :-)

But this here deserves an own!!!

Rememebr the post from Jason with the broken cable and that GW solved that by new shell parts?

And that Hunka has a message that on our batch time the problem already has been solved and we are in no need to worry? 

Well, i was right that the rim around the magnet is the culprit for hitting the motor cable....

First photo...you can see they are on same height (shell side by side to cable):

ocYtCvA.jpg

And -ATTENTION- here now how Hotway is fixing such an issue, so we dont need to worry anymore:

701cAnK.jpg

That really made my day...nothing to say anymore...quality assurance by Gotway :facepalm:

Like said...other than that...first impressions are good, just one small hint:

Motor cables are now (same as on ks18s) one fat strand each phase and thicker than ever

Review/diary to come :-)

Very good @KingSong69. I'll know that everything is good when you stop using the Hotway term :)

Very happy for you now that you received the Tesla. Yes, please start a new thread and then update it as you continue to experience the wheel.

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope it doesn't take you a month before you start telling us how great the wheel is, like the KS18S ;)

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Very good @KingSong69. I'll know that everything is good when you stop using the Hotway term :)

Very happy for you now that you received the Tesla. Yes, please start a new thread and then update it as you continue to experience the wheel.

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope it doesn't take you a month before you start telling us how great the wheel is, like the KS18S ;)

:cheers:

I think this time it will go faster...as said, impressed with parts of GWs improvement. But still needing a ride outside the living room.

Unfortunatly the wheel came with 15-20% only....but also: This gave me the time to take a short look inside :-)

The “molded” magnet plastik rim.....:thumbup:

58 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

Do you have a new foam shell as in the picture?

Screenshot_2017-11-04-16-43-16.png

Nope!

my Foam is a bit smaller...wheel produced in October 2017, more exact 13th Oct. 2017....sent on 20th Oct.

Did a 45minute ride just some minutes ago...i would doubt that this(your photo) makes the wheel more comfortable.

As even my small foam piece is sticking out a bit, and on these wide shell a bit to much (at least for me)

Who is surprised about this? Nobody is surprised!;)

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Motor cables are now (same as on ks18s) one fat strand each phase and thicker than ever

Really? Are you sure? On the photos they looked the same thickness, but apparently not.:w00t2:Good news! Any idea of the AWG rating? Really the same thickness as on the 18S? Does this mean really thick, or are the 18S cables thinner than I believed? Maybe if you can make some photos of the cable thickness of both wheels...

25 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Did a 45minute ride just some minutes ago...i would doubt that this(your photo) makes the wheel more comfortable.

As even my small foam piece is sticking out a bit, and on these wide shell a bit to much (at least for me)

So what is your preliminary ride impression so far?  Smooth?  Power is good?  Hill climbing?  :w00t2:

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Really? Are you sure? On the photos they looked the same thickness, but apparently not.:w00t2:Good news! Any idea of the AWG rating? Really the same thickness as on the 18S? Does this mean really thick, or are the 18S cables thinner than I believed? Maybe if you can make some photos of the cable thickness of both wheels...

@KingSong69, please help @meepmeepmayer with his question. If you could disassemble the motor (see @Rehab1 for guidance) to confirm the wiring you would help the community greatly :laughbounce2:

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

So what is your preliminary ride impression so far?  Smooth?  Power is good?  Hill climbing?  :w00t2:

All great!! leave me something for my review ;-)

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Dont know the AWG....but i directly realized its now one strand each motor phase..and much thicker than on my v3..

And yes...same AWG than 18S i would say...makes a really good impression!!!

There are some “quirks” in the wiring and all...but give me some time to cover that correctly :-)

How did it take this long to learn that there have been these kind of upgrades to the wiring and internals?  I thought Tishaun did a video of the motherboard, etc.. and that it was determined that it was similar to their other models.  How does the Tesla compare to the Korean Gotways? 

It's massive news if Gotway is moving closer to King Song quality levels with their new models, generally.   We need a Msuper v4 with 3" wide tire and the higher build quality seen in the Tesla.  

On ‎07‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 1:50 AM, mezzanine said:

How did it take this long to learn that there have been these kind of upgrades to the wiring and internals?  I thought Tishaun did a video of the motherboard, etc.. and that it was determined that it was similar to their other models.  How does the Tesla compare to the Korean Gotways? 

It's massive news if Gotway is moving closer to King Song quality levels with their new models, generally.   We need a Msuper v4 with 3" wide tire and the higher build quality seen in the Tesla.  

Hmmh, i dont know if Tishawn is such a EUC technican to judge about the Upgrades perfectly. (like i am also no technican !)

I would not say that KS is "near" to Gotway speaking of Quality....they got a bit better, but:

Yesterday i opened my wheel again to check for the batteriepack cutting the wires, where Hunka had a Problem.

While i Did not have any cuts in my wires, i also take a closer look at the Motherboard again. The boards themself are still not anywhere near to the fabrication of the KS boards.

They are still a Silicon mess, the 12Mosfet System is ugly crooked as hell, with the top 6 Mosfets no good heatsink contact,  on my board the capaciters and Bluetooth Clip have been lifted up, to make some way for a cable, so that now my capacitors/bt are in a 30degree Standing of the board! I would still consider this stable, but would have like to see the caps better glued/siliconed horizontal to the board. The DC Converter is not sitting nice on the board---it is Kind of crooked.

I pulled out the Motor connectors, which where sitting directly over the board(stupid place)....and layed them nicely to the right of the battery. No clue why they would place them over the board, the cable was easy Long enough to seperate them each nicely beside the battery.

Also i cut of the magnet rim Plastik some more, as they did this really lazy on my wheel, seams done like in a total rush!

So still lot of work to be done for Gotway!

Archived