Gotway “solves” issues.....

US69

Very good @KingSong69. I'll know that everything is good when you stop using the Hotway term :)

Very happy for you now that you received the Tesla. Yes, please start a new thread and then update it as you continue to experience the wheel.

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope it doesn't take you a month before you start telling us how great the wheel is, like the KS18S ;)

:cheers:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Very good @KingSong69. I'll know that everything is good when you stop using the Hotway term :)

Very happy for you now that you received the Tesla. Yes, please start a new thread and then update it as you continue to experience the wheel.

Looking forward to your impressions. I hope it doesn't take you a month before you start telling us how great the wheel is, like the KS18S ;)

:cheers:

I think this time it will go faster...as said, impressed with parts of GWs improvement. But still needing a ride outside the living room.

Unfortunatly the wheel came with 15-20% only....but also: This gave me the time to take a short look inside :-)

The “molded” magnet plastik rim.....:thumbup:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, diegoxxx said:

Do you have a new foam shell as in the picture?

Screenshot_2017-11-04-16-43-16.png

Nope!

my Foam is a bit smaller...wheel produced in October 2017, more exact 13th Oct. 2017....sent on 20th Oct.

Did a 45minute ride just some minutes ago...i would doubt that this(your photo) makes the wheel more comfortable.

As even my small foam piece is sticking out a bit, and on these wide shell a bit to much (at least for me)

• Upvote 1

Who is surprised about this? Nobody is surprised!;)

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Motor cables are now (same as on ks18s) one fat strand each phase and thicker than ever

Really? Are you sure? On the photos they looked the same thickness, but apparently not.:w00t2:Good news! Any idea of the AWG rating? Really the same thickness as on the 18S? Does this mean really thick, or are the 18S cables thinner than I believed? Maybe if you can make some photos of the cable thickness of both wheels...

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Did a 45minute ride just some minutes ago...i would doubt that this(your photo) makes the wheel more comfortable.

As even my small foam piece is sticking out a bit, and on these wide shell a bit to much (at least for me)

So what is your preliminary ride impression so far?  Smooth?  Power is good?  Hill climbing?  :w00t2:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Really? Are you sure? On the photos they looked the same thickness, but apparently not.:w00t2:Good news! Any idea of the AWG rating? Really the same thickness as on the 18S? Does this mean really thick, or are the 18S cables thinner than I believed? Maybe if you can make some photos of the cable thickness of both wheels...

@KingSong69, please help @meepmeepmayer with his question. If you could disassemble the motor (see @Rehab1 for guidance) to confirm the wiring you would help the community greatly :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

So what is your preliminary ride impression so far?  Smooth?  Power is good?  Hill climbing?  :w00t2:

All great!! leave me something for my review ;-)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Dont know the AWG....but i directly realized its now one strand each motor phase..and much thicker than on my v3..

And yes...same AWG than 18S i would say...makes a really good impression!!!

There are some “quirks” in the wiring and all...but give me some time to cover that correctly :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How did it take this long to learn that there have been these kind of upgrades to the wiring and internals?  I thought Tishaun did a video of the motherboard, etc.. and that it was determined that it was similar to their other models.  How does the Tesla compare to the Korean Gotways? 

It's massive news if Gotway is moving closer to King Song quality levels with their new models, generally.   We need a Msuper v4 with 3" wide tire and the higher build quality seen in the Tesla.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1