Bicycle Seat Adaptation for Monster

Marty Backe

Nice experiment! But you really need one of these seats not specifically designed to castrate you. Just looking at this thing hurts. Get a nice, soft and feathered, big and comfortable butt fondler:efeeb35c09: not this mountain bike/race bike crap.

Also, seems like your street has been infested by more oversized McMansions.

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice experiment! But you really need one of these seats not specifically designed to castrate you. Just looking at this thing hurts. Get a nice, soft and feathered, big and comfortable butt fondler:efeeb35c09: not this mountain bike/race bike crap.

Yes, I'm looking for a big padded seat that has a compatible undercarriage. 

Can't stop the constant encroachment of bigger and bigger houses. It's good for my property value though :)

Do you have an old rubber garden hose or rubber mat?  I wonder whether a section or couple of sections split open might work.  If two are needed, maybe try overlapping the two C shapes.  The rubber would be more durable.  I am a little concerned about the pressure exerted on the handle though.  The Gotway seat looks like it distributes the sitting pressure over a broad area.  Clamping directly to the handle and applying all the pressure on it might lead to the handle breaking?

I wonder whether a future design could see the pedal supports extended up higher with mounting points at the top.  That way a two bar attachment could slide into it with a seat connector at the top.  It could be designed to extend for height and be adjustable for front/back/angle positions.

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Do you have an old rubber garden hose?  I wonder whether a section or couple of sections split open might work.  If two are needed, maybe try overlapping the two C shapes.  The rubber would be more durable.  I am a little concerned about the pressure exerted on the handle though.  The Gotway seat looks like it distributes the sitting pressure over a broad area.  Clamping directly to the handle and applying all the pressure on it might lead to the handle breaking?

Good ideas. Right now I'm experimenting with dense foam.

I think if the hard edges of the seat are cushioned from the handle, it won't break. I got this idea from Facebook, and he hasn't experienced any problems.

My handle is already broken from an earlier fall, so I'm not overly worried about breaking a pristine wheel (which mine is not).

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

LOL.

Love that expression :D 

That's a common expression in the United States for when somebody buys an old house, tears it down, and replaces it with a huge house that doesn't fit the character of the existing neighborhood. Very common it parts of California right now (I'm sure other places too).

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

LOL.

Love that expression :D 

http://mcmansionhell.com/

It's not a new word, but she popularized it lately with this blog. Ignore the "serious" posts if you like. Recommendation: read chronologically from the start.

Also, it refers not simply to too big and unfitting houses, but also cheaply built and designed pure architectural and constructural (is that a word?) trash. The blog explains it well (read chronologically, it's much funnier this way).

Yes I know the blog ;) 

On 06/11/2017 at 1:36 AM, Marty Backe said:

That's a common expression in the United States for when somebody buys an old house, tears it down, and replaces it with a huge house that doesn't fit the character of the existing neighborhood. Very common it parts of California right now (I'm sure other places too).

Yeah I was aware of it. The fast food equivalent of big houses. Justed wanted to state I like the expression :) 

On 11/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I like my butt to be fondled so I wrapped a double layer of soft Yoga mat around my Gotway seat.

I rode 42 miles sitting down last week with NO ass pain at all, so comfy!

Does that little bike seat begin to hurt after awhile or?

seat.thumb.JPG.0662c97407b6949a5600a49e0a1e2acb.JPG

2 hours ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

I like my butt to be fondled so I wrapped a double layer of soft Yoga mat around my Gotway seat.

I rode 42 miles sitting down last week with NO ass pain at all, so comfy!

Does that little bike seat begin to hurt after awhile or?

seat.thumb.JPG.0662c97407b6949a5600a49e0a1e2acb.JPG

That small seat is horrible. This was my first try. I'm now looking for a thick/fat seat to try.

Your mod looks good, and probably prevents the seat from splitting like I see it happen on other guys wheels.

Archived