Help with Gotway App connection issue

Steven D Wheeler

On 12/10/2017 at 5:53 PM, Marty Backe said:

I feel your pain. Too bad that you don't know anybody that owns an Android phone OR Android tablet. Even an Amazon Fire would work. I assume that this is just for your Mten3. Once the wheel is configured I can't image needing to change any other settings.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe a ~$25 expenditure on a Android phone would be worth keeping your blood pressure low ;)

Sure, I can buy an android device just so I can run an app that someone other than Gotway had to develop, but it still irritates me that I should have to.  Gotway goes to the trouble of developing an iOS app, and then they hose it up so people like me can no longer use it and get stuck in a catch 22 scenario.  It's irksome, and I'll probably go on complaining about it until they get around to fixing the app or until I just give up and move on to a vendor that does a better job with customer care.  

1 hour ago, radial said:

Sure, I can buy an android device just so I can run an app that someone other than Gotway had to develop, but it still irritates me that I should have to.  Gotway goes to the trouble of developing an iOS app, and then they hose it up so people like me can no longer use it and get stuck in a catch 22 scenario.  It's irksome, and I'll probably go on complaining about it until they get around to fixing the app or until I just give up and move on to a vendor that does a better job with customer care.  

I hear you. I just choose to accept reality for what it is and go with the flow so I can get on with what I really enjoy, and that's riding. Every single wheel that I own (yes, that includes KingSong) has irksome qualities, but ultimately the fun of riding them puts that stuff out of my mind.

2 hours ago, Michael Lutge said:

OK, I feel like a total bonehead but where do you download the Gotway Android app? I've looked through the Google Play store and typed in Gotway and all I see is something from Electro-sport.de that does not look like an official app. What am I missing?

Go to the Downloads section of the Forum and grab the non-social gotway app (read the post so that you grab the correct file - see the RED text).

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Go to the Downloads section of the Forum and grab the non-social gotway app (read the post so that you grab the correct file - see the RED text).

Thanks Marty! That got me going. Why can't Gotway publish to the Google store?

32 minutes ago, Michael Lutge said:

Thanks Marty! That got me going. Why can't Gotway publish to the Google store?

I have no idea. I think Gotway has the worst reputation of all the manufacturers of wheels. You have to hope that your dealer provides you the app or that you find this forum :)

On 12/12/2017 at 1:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

I hear you. I just choose to accept reality for what it is and go with the flow so I can get on with what I really enjoy, and that's riding. Every single wheel that I own (yes, that includes KingSong) has irksome qualities, but ultimately the fun of riding them puts that stuff out of my mind.

@Marty Backe , you're right, of course.  So, I went with the flow.  Bought an Android tablet, downloaded the appropriate apps (WheelLog and the non-social version of the Gotway app from the downloads section of this site).  Et voilà, I'm back in control of all the parameters on my Mten3, and all is well again here at casa radial.  :thumbup:

06NoZshC36qAG5z3qlvJbnf0wI7ZaP_lY_al2L2s

FSQP2f8B2zAM9iTBWz9nkWX2czqwUevQ26MorN4C

24 minutes ago, radial said:

@Marty Backe , you're right, of course.  So, I went with the flow.  Bought an Android tablet, downloaded the appropriate apps (WheelLog and the non-social version of the Gotway app from the downloads section of this site).  Et voilà, I'm back in control of all the parameters on my Mten3, and all is well again here at casa radial.  :thumbup:

06NoZshC36qAG5z3qlvJbnf0wI7ZaP_lY_al2L2s

FSQP2f8B2zAM9iTBWz9nkWX2czqwUevQ26MorN4C

Glad that you're back in the groove. Once you got past that mental hurtle - smooth sailing now :thumbup:

Archived