Problem with the Charge Doctor

Nick R

A short clip of the problem I am having with the Charge Doctor.

It had been working fine.. charging my EUC up to 85-88% every day up until yesterday... 
What happened yesterday was I put another charger on the CD to dual charge... 

Then in the morning.. I noticed that one of the charger is dead. (No LED) 
And now the Charge Doctor is acting all crazy on me. My KS16S was at 50% battery.. and plugging this CD connected charger in should charge the unit and show the charging level. But the unit goes off within seconds of plugging in. 

Wondering if anybody had the experience something like this.. 

Thanks

4735 is the number of Wh of energy that has been accepted by the wheel since last reset. To reset this counter you push and hold the button briefly. It is a way to track the amount of energy gone into the wheel. It does not reset when the charger is unplugged. It is persistent.

Can I ask if your charger works to charge the wheel when the charge doctor is not inline?

I'm wondering if something happened that has damaged both chargers. When you first connect the CD to your wheel it was only showing a 0.09A current. That is very low for anything but a fully charged wheel. I'm wondering if both chargers were somehow damaged and the one you are using now is able to supply a trickle of power sufficient to run the CD on its own but when you load it up by connecting the wheel it fails and all power is cut (hence the CD goes dead).

Did you plug out the charger allready?

Sometimes thats needed...

Also: Are your sure your battery is 40%?

cause on your 2. and 3rd plugin for a short time the cd works...but is only at 0,09 Ampere, so that would be logical that is shuts off then!

Then, if your probs go on...contact the original provider/producer of CD:

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/

He is quite a nice guy (Name Fred, when i remember correctly)...he might help for sure :-)

You didn't mention what chargers (stock, generic, eWheels fast charger) you were using and at what current values (A). And whether a single charger (either) works connected to the other ChargeRX port.

3 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

4735 is the number of Wh of energy that has been accepted by the wheel since last reset. To reset this counter you push and hold the button briefly. It is a way to track the amount of energy gone into the wheel. It does not reset when the charger is unplugged. It is persistent.

Can I ask if your charger works to charge the wheel when the charge doctor is not inline?

I'm wondering if something happened that has damaged both chargers. When you first connect the CD to your wheel it was only showing a 0.09A current. That is very low for anything but a fully charged wheel. I'm wondering if both chargers were somehow damaged and the one you are using now is able to supply a trickle of power sufficient to run the CD on its own but when you load it up by connecting the wheel it fails and all power is cut (hence the CD goes dead).

I didnt know what 0.09A was but it used to read 1.99 so yes .. it is quite possible that my only charger left may have also been damaged. 
I tried to charge one of my wheels without the CD .. just plugged in the charger directly and left it over night.. its been the entire day and I am only at 93% now

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Also: Are your sure your battery is 40%?

cause on your 2. and 3rd plugin for a short time the cd works...but is only at 0,09 Ampere, so that would be logical that is shuts off then!

Then, if your probs go on...contact the original provider/producer of CD:

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/

He is quite a nice guy (Name Fred, when i remember correctly)...he might help for sure :-)

Yes.. I emailed both Fred and Jason. 

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

You didn't mention what chargers (stock, generic, eWheels fast charger) you were using and at what current values (A). And whether a single charger (either) works connected to the other ChargeRX port.

Standard brick charger that came with the Unit that I ordered from Ewheels. 

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Plug out the charger ? What did you mean ?  You mean reconnect the charger ? yes .. a few times. 

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

@Nick R

As i understand it ...with your double charger input you charged the wheel?

When it is still fuel...(or at 90%)...the behaviour of the CD would be normal now..

I wasnt able to use the CD to charge last night.. because it kept going out.. 
So I charged my unit last night with the one charger that was still working .. 
Although now that you mentioned it shows charging at only 0.09A .. 
It's been about 24 hours and I am only at 93%.. So may be my one charger that is still lighting up.. is also damaged since it is not charging at the full 2A rate. 

Just now, Nick R said:

I wasnt able to use the CD to charge last night.. because it kept going out.. 
So I charged my unit last night with the one charger that was still working .. 
Although now that you mentioned it shows charging at only 0.09A .. 
It's been about 24 hours and I am only at 93%.. So may be my one charger that is still lighting up.. is also damaged since it is not charging at the full 2A rate. 

Nope!

when your EUc is at 93% and you connect a CD now, which is set to 66Volt treshold...that what you show in the video, is totally correct!

the charge doctor has checked that the wheel is already above 66volt...and so drops the 2amps directly to a minimum....(0,09) and goes out then! It is also correct, that at that charge level only one of your charger is working....

8 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Standard brick charger that came with the Unit that I ordered from Ewheels. 

They are both standard KingSong chargers?

@KingSong69 My Inmotion charger keeps providing power but at ever decreasing current value seemingly perpetually (certainly for at least 8 hours). Does the stock KingSong charger do this or does it actually cut the supply at a certain ampage? This would make an important difference to what is expected here as the CD should remain powered if that is the case.

Just now, KingSong69 said:

Nope!

when your EUc is at 93% and you connect a CD now, which is set to 66Volt treshold...that what you show in the video, is totally correct!

the charge doctor has checked that the wheel is already above 66volt...and so drops the 2amps directly to a minimum....(0,09) and goes out then! It is also correct, that at that charge level only one of your charger is working....

My KS16S is at 93% now..  because I charged it last night without the CD. 
But my KS18S is at 40% .. so demoing this if the CD works correctly it should have stayed on. 

2 minutes ago, Nick R said:

My KS16S is at 93% now..  because I charged it last night without the CD. 
But my KS18S is at 40% .. so demoing this if the CD works correctly it should have stayed on. 

Ok, now we are clear :-) lots of missunderstanding than, sorry!

Then it seams clear the CD has a defect...again, sorry, just wasnt sure if the wheel you are trrying to charge with CD is fuel...

4 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

@KingSong69 My Inmotion charger keeps providing power but at ever decreasing current value seemingly perpetually (certainly for at least 8 hours). Does the stock KingSong charger do this or does it actually cut the supply at a certain ampage? This would make an important difference to what is expected here as the CD should remain powered if that is the case.

I dont see the Kingsong name on the charger .. but they came with my KS16S and KS18S from Ewheels so I assume they are Kingsong.. 
Could be generic brand.. 67.2V 2A charger

4 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

You are right...Ks charger does the same, seams the CD is defect...

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

You are right...Ks charger does the same, seams the CD is defect...

Does it sound like the CD damaged both my chargers ? 
I told Jason that one of my chargers were bad.. no light at all and he has sent out a replacement for me. 
But now it seems the other one may not be charging at full capacity as well.. since leaving it on all night on my unit and I only got 93% last I checked. 

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nope!

The CD has a setting (PR1) called deep standby which turns the display off when the auto cutoff is reached. This is not always useful. Try turning this off by doing the following:

Connect the CD while holding the button. Let go after just a second or so (do not hold it or you will enter calibration mode).

Cycle to the PR1 setting.

Press the button to set Pr1 to 0.

Wait for the settings to finish cycling.

Unplug the CD.

Plug it back in and then reconnect to the wheel. Now if the CD is cutting the power to the wheel due to cutoff settings it will show OFF on the display rather than turning off. This will let you know if the CD is working as expected.

Try it.

4 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Does it sound like the CD damaged both my chargers ? 
I told Jason that one of my chargers were bad.. no light at all and he has sent out a replacement for me. 
But now it seems the other one may not be charging at full capacity as well.. since leaving it on all night on my unit and I only got 93% last I checked. 

Maybe...best would be to measure the output of the charger on a volt meter...

Nearly complete France is using that CD :-) Never heard of the Cd destroying chargers...

Using a CD. double input since 1,5 years without probs...

Does your charger heat pretty hot ? 
I hadn't noticed it when I didn't have this issue.. but now I am noticing it. 

I have it charging right now on one of my units (without the CD). And the damn thing is pretty hot when I tried to pick it up.
It doesnt burn me or anything but still pretty hot to the touch. 
When you have yours plugged in to charge.. how hot does it get ? 
Wonder if it has been damaged.

Now I am afraid to use it .. might burst into flame or something ..  

Mystery is solved.. 

Fred .. informed me that the calibration is messed up. Apparently the display can only show you 2 digits ... so what I thought was calibrated at 67.2V was in fact 267.2 V. The 2 digit in front wasn't showing... (limitation of the physical LED display panel)

I had to put it back in calibration mode .. and Down V from 67.2V all the way past 0.00V (which is in fact 200V mark) .. then down another 100 past another 0.00V (100V mark).. 
then stop at 67.2.   Once I did that.. I plugged the CD back into the EUC and now the unit remains on and charging at 1.67A. 

Guess it makes sense If I calibrated for 267.5V and set the threshold at 66V.. then it will cut off at a lower point than expected since 66 on that scale is only 24% 
And if my EUC is already at 40% .. then surely it should cutoff. 

There you go.. Lesson learned. 

What I still dont understand is what ruined my charger ? 

Archived