New Buyer, Need help :(

Jacky Heshi

I've been looking around electric unicycles for the past couple days and they really fun and exciting.

I'm looking to travel 1.5KM between to schools, there and back (total=3km). I saw the model TG-T3 model and thought it was suitable for my use. I'm 179cm and weight around 65KG.

Although after reading some forum discussions like "Randomly stopping", "Battery life is crap", etc. Is this model really that crappy? 

Other questions i have nn mind are:

1. How is the speed of the TG-T3? I'm a pretty tall person and I walk 1.5X as fast as regular people. I don't want to buy a EUC if its not at least 3X the normal walking speed of a person. 

2. Going up and down hill. I know the EUC will automatically slow down going down hill. But i wonder if the EUC can manage going up hill? Can it still go up at its full speed up hill or is it slower? 

3. Any other recommendations of other brands that are cheap?

(Oh and I honestly dont mind carry around the charger so battery life I dont think is a problem?)

Thanks if anyone could help me out! I would love to be part of the Electric Unicycle team :)

You're traveling a really short distance so even the cheap little 132Wh battery models should be able to handle that distance both ways before needing a charge. For such a distance I really wonder if it's worth buying an EUC though. If you walk 5kph the best you'll do with a cheap model that does 10kph is cut your time in half. Most models can climb a reasonably steep hill. 

One reason for "slow" responses might be that there are tons of threads about which wheel to buy already, for example:

There are also reviews of different wheels, indexed here:

Reading through them, you'd get a pretty good picture of different wheels, their pros and cons etc.

I don't know much about the TG-wheels, except that they seem somewhat popular generics (enough to stand out from all the other generics). I think it's a fairly typical generic, with 15-18km/h max speed (warning: it will probably shut off if ridden faster), 350W rated motor and 132-174Wh battery (good for 10-17km, depending on rider weight, terrain, riding style etc). The tilt-back usually seems to start around 12km/h in most, and riding with full tilt-back all the time isn't really comfortable (but doable).

My 14" generic could haul my ass up a gravel hill (don't know how steep, 10 degrees or a little more?) at full speed, but I weight only 57kg. While the battery wasn't totally depleted, it became more sluggish and slow reacting after around 10km (170Wh nominal battery capacity, never measured the real actual capacity, and the wheel has been on loan with my father-in-law for about a month or so), although I could still ride with it after that, I never really tried as it started to seem dangerous (risk of cut-out).

I really can't recommend any "cheap" brand, it seems most the generics are fairly alike, but if you want a quality wheel, you're going to have pay more than for the generics.

Probably should try to build some sort of comparison table for wheels where to point people... Something like:

BrandModelWheel sizeMotor rated
/max
Battery
Options
Max speedTiltbackBMS cut-outHigh speed
Cut-out
AppShelltypeExtra
Generic12314350/800132,17418xxx box 
NinebotOne E+16500/130032024x  xRound, slimSide led-rings
FirewheelF132-F77916550/1350132,264,528,
28 (not shunted)
30+ (shunted)
 x(not if
Shunted)
 Round, slimFrontlight,
Backlight,
Brake light

But gathering all the data might take "some" time...

Probably should try to build some sort of comparison table for wheels where to point people... Something like:

But gathering all the data might take "some" time...

That's what I did. I created a spreadsheet with all the main specs and costs.  I highlighted the specs I wanted in green, the ones I didn't want in red. Then kept trying to find the best prices for the ones that I wanted. I read posts on this forum for about 1.5 months before I bought mine.  I didn't ask for advice on my first post and then complain on my second post.

Yes, I do.  I'll clean it up a bit.  How do you want me to send it to you?

Can you put it "somewhere" and just post a link to it here or PM me? If not, I can PM you an email address. Excel, Libreoffice (OpenOffice) or CSV is fine as format.

How come when i want to search more info about "bms cut off" in the search bar, it doesnt show me any threads? 

Curious what the BMS cut off is.

The search can sometimes be a bit picky about the words and hyphens and whatnot...

These should get you started:

The way other forums I've been on get around the 3 letter search problem is to search via Google with the forum name and search term. It seems to work.

Like this:

forum.ElectricUnicycle bms

The way other forums I've been on get around the 3 letter search problem is to search via Google with the forum name and search term. It seems to work.

Like this:

forum.ElectricUnicycle bms

One google trick is to use the "site:" keyword.  It will limit the search the site specified after that keyword.  For example:

bms site:forum.electricunicyle.org

One google trick is to use the "site:" keyword.  It will limit the search the site specified after that keyword.  For example:

bms site:forum.electricunicyle.org

in case anybody wonders, must read (typo corrected)

bms site:forum.electricunicycle.org

Archived