Upgrade Kingsong 16B to 16S?

flass

I stumbled over this seller on Aliexpress, selling accessories for Kingsong 16 inch wheels:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KINGSONG-16inch-electric-unicycle-All-accessories-parts-motor-shell-Controller-motherboard-Pull-rod-handle-lever-Light/32832356086.html

This made me think about if it would be possible to upgrade my Kingsong KS16B to KS16S by replacing my current motor and controller card with new ones? Since I think I have read that the shell is almost the same for B and S. 

Not that I am exactly sure what model the accessories from this Aliexpress seller is suitable for, you cannot tell from the product descriptions (at least I can't...). But, hypothetically: would it be possible, or if not: what would be the caveats? And would it be enough to replace the motor and the controller or are there other parts that are vital for a successful upgrade?

Not so easy to do that as there are different battery connections on the 16s...

Both packs are parallel instead of dasy chained and the packs got another wiring, only 3 cables instead of 4.

So only PCB and motor is not enough.

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Not so easy to do that as there are different battery connections on the 16s...

Both packs are parallel instead of dasy chained and the packs got another wiring, only 3 cables instead of 4.

So only PCB and motor is not enough.

Ouch, okay, sounds like that will be a bit of a too complex project to be worth it then... 

Archived