Gotway Mten3 Tube Replacement

I couldn’t be happier since going tubeless, I highly recommend doing it. I’m amazed how the tire never (hardly ever) needs air. Forget the tube!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So do I use the orange tubeless fluid or Slime for tubeless?  Slime for inner tubes didn't last very long in my mten3.  I bought the new Type II tire and will go tubeless when it comes in.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, paolinger said:

Finally I found the time for the tubeless modification and the most agile tire. Very happy.

I have the same tire and have 360 miles on it.  I like it very much however keep the tire pressure over 40 psi and keep an eye on the pressure to avoid excessive wear. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I have the same tire and have 360 miles on it.  I like it very much however keep the tire pressure over 40 psi and keep an eye on the pressure to avoid excessive wear. :thumbup:

Good to know that you are getting good wear-and-tear on that tire. I installed the same one (mine still has a tube).

Someone here reported that the tire wore down very quickly, but maybe they run at low pressure? I run all my tires at max listed pressure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

3 bar 43 psi ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Good to know that you are getting good wear-and-tear on that tire. I installed the same one (mine still has a tube).

Someone here reported that the tire wore down very quickly, but maybe they run at low pressure? I run all my tires at max listed pressure.

I need to study your replacement video as my tire looks like it needs Rogaine to fix the balding.  I have all of the spoons. Additionally I have new shells so this would be the optimal time for both set of swap-outs. I’d prefer to paint the new shell before the install but still not sure what color. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I need to study your replacement video as my tire looks like it needs Rogaine to fix the balding.  I have all of the spoons. Additionally I have new shells so this would be the optimal time for both set of swap-outs. I’d prefer to paint the new shell before the install but still not sure what color. 

How about red to match your truck?  :popcorn:

• Like 1

For extreme winter riders.:facepalm:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Marrkey-100PCS-MS110-Carbide-Tires-Studs-Studs-Screw-Snow-Spikes-for-Tires-Tire-Wheel-Snow-Chains/32838317516.html?spm=2114.search0104.8.29.14b34935RMWrB2&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...