Electric unicycle for beginners

Nimrod

Hello guys

I recently noticed the electric unicycle and immediately loved it.

I want to buy one but i dont understand which company is better and what is the differences,basically i dont know anything.

Can you help me and guide me on the way to buying one?

Thanks for helping

(Sorry if i didnt post it in the right place in the forum)

The problem is the different angles beginners come at it from! There's a lot that aren't sure and want the cheapest starters option, the ones who want a good reliable stable wheel that will last them and the ones who want the fastest wheel available.

Unfortunately those criteria are mutually exclusive so the first question is which group you belong to and how much you want to spend. Plus of course where in the world you are as carriage costs, customs duties and taxes can almost double the costs.

Thank for replying!

My budget is 550$ and i want it to be fast and resistant.i won't go wild with it so i dont need something super resistant that will cost speed.

I saw that the top speed is something about 18 kph, and its okay for me.

I have no experience of the Ninebot but many on here are very enthusiastic about it.

My uninformed opinion is that you pay a lot for form over function though.

Edit. I'd better duck and run for the door now. :)

I have no experience of the Ninebot but many on here are very enthusiastic about it.

My uninformed opinion is that you pay a lot for form over function though.

Funny that you say this, I have had exactly the same thoughts.

Edit. I'd better duck and run for the door now. :)

• 4 weeks later...

The wheel of the moment is the KingSong 800w and I have to say that presently it is my favourite.

There are now the mcm4 and shortly there will be 16" models coming from both Gotway and KingSong which could be good alternatives,  I suspect the 16" wheels may carry a high price tag and if I went for the mcm4 I would only conside the biggest 680wh battery version as I know that battery lag affects my KS 800W when I make full use of the available power for an extended time. I can't see how smaller batteries can possibly cope with the high power demands of the 800w motors for more than a few minutes at a time.

People start on all types of wheel and there's no real evidence that any particular one is better than the others.

The KS 800W is just about the safest wheel you can get at the moment and has loads of power to keep you balanced. It's also more comfortable than a lot and doesn't really require any additional padding.

Technically you CAN learn to drive on a Ferrari. B)
So if you are willing to take the risk, absolutely you can learn it on any Wheel. Just wrap it good with protection foam or ride it on soft ground like lawn or on a rubbery athletics track. I did this, I only bought one EUC, the right one for me that I wanted in the end.

Others recommend to use a cheap generic to learn, since you WILL fall a lot and might scratch it or even break the shell if it hits a wall at full speed. And if you got the riding figured out, buy a known brand with the specs you want.

So far you did the first step right, by joining this forum :wub: the next step is question of preference.

What i will do with it is riding pretty short distances like maybe 3 km normally but i can do longer rides.

I wont go wild with it but if i will see open road i will accelerate.

About the how its build i want that i wont break cause falling or something like that and the parts need to be replaced easlly.

I like the round slim shelltype but i also liked the kingsong 800w shell.

Cool features i saw and liked were the apps and lights.

Two wheels are much easier to learn as they almost stand on their own but if you ride across a slope or even down a heavily cambered road or path they obviously lean very uncomfortably to one side. On rough surfaces or even small kerbs or steps if one wheel hits before the other it will obviously be very unstable so really you are restricted to fairly smooth flat areas.

They also weigh a fair bit more and there's a lot less choice an no high end two wheelers that can compare to the KS.

Archived