Gotway M0 8 inch 340Wh in Carbon

Recently I came across the Gotway M0 with an 8 inch wheel, a 260Wh or 340Wh battery pack and a very reasonable weight of about 7kg. Now, I checked this forum and apparently could not find any review, information or anything about it. Is it me, the blind beetle, unable to find the right thread? Is the wheel so old or unpopular or is there any other reason why I cannot find anything about this little fellow?

Appreciate any information or hint! Cheers.

I believe that is the smaller wheeled version of the original M10 which was a geared wheel. The main difference being that the smaller 8" wheel was a solid rubber tyre rather than air filled pneumatic one. That makes a huge difference on rough surfaces and whereas they now make an updated non geared M10 I don't believe they have continued the 8" model.

Thanks @Gimlet! I assume it is not really fun to ride an 8" wheel on rough surfaces anyway. I am thinking more using it indoors and ocassionly on the pavement. So, the solid tyre should not really be the issue. Have to read more about the fact that the wheel is geared, but know now where to look.?

Geared wheels have a fantastic advantage of huge torque but lots of problems with reliability.

They have the gears which owing to the design cannot be lubricated efficiently and are therefore prone to failure after relatively little use. Conversely a non geared wheel has only the two wheel bearings that can possibly wear and is therefore good for massive distances. Downside is less torque but on the latest M10 it is pretty good and a much better long term investment that will give you huge amounts of fun for the forsee able future.

Yep, that is what I could see from all the posts regarding the M10". But thanks again for putting it all together. Will drop the idea and look for a lightweight gearless one.

Archived