Jump to content

I cannot turn off "Hello, Kingsong"!


yasbean
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a new KS16S (well, it was new in late August, before I broke my foot).  I have the latest new and original KS apps on Android, and have tried turning the voice prompts off.  When I select turning off voice prompts, the KS16S beeps and the icon greys out, but it still greets me each time I turn it on.  Are there any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, yasbean said:

I have a new KS16S (well, it was new in late August, before I broke my foot).  I have the latest new and original KS apps on Android, and have tried turning the voice prompts off.  When I select turning off voice prompts, the KS16S beeps and the icon greys out, but it still greets me each time I turn it on.  Are there any suggestions?

Me too. After upgrading my KS14S firmware to the latest (1.05), it still greets me with "Hello KingSong" even though I've turned it off in the app.

I think I'm resigned to hearing this forever :furious:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My new KS-16S arrived yesterday, bought from Jason/ewheels and shipped from California.

It does NOT speak "Hello King Song."

Motor ID (etched on wheel rim) is 170604 and chassis ID? on pedal silver stickers is KS16 S2 D 170824 B 048.

The wheel does say, "Bluetooth is connected," and "Bluetooth is disconnected." Only speech I've heard, even tilting wheel with motor running to tilt-back and then shut-down. Does make lots of beeps! I have yet to ride because of continuous rain.

I have an iPhone iOS 11.0.3 and King Song app is not available, so wheel parameters have not been modified by the app.

I have experimented with BT on the wheel, DarknessBot 3.0 (122) app, streaming music. I've used the app to change Rider Mode and Max Speed (from 30 to 35kph, but change does not persist if I disconnect BT or turn off wheel). And I've turned on and off Lamp (headlight) and Lights (no visible effect, they stayed on showing 7/9 green charge state). But there is no control in DarknessBot to change warning thresholds or suppress voice.

Without King Song app I can't know my firmware version. I suspect it is changing with ongoing development, and unfortunately undocumented. 

Edited by unitron
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My ks18s does similar things; fw v1.01.  disabling voice prompts disables them all except the bluetooth connecting prompt. this seems to come from the audio component as opposed to the control app. As long as bluetooth is enabled on my phone, it connects immediately to the speakers when i power on the wheel. That's when I get the bluetooth connecting prompt, not when I fire up wheel log or the ks app. since turning off, i get no other voice prompts.

considered unpairing the speakers and seeing if app connect generates the bluetooth connecting prompt  but haven't taken the time yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017/10/25 at 12:15 PM, Marty Backe said:

Me too. After upgrading my KS14S firmware to the latest (1.05), it still greets me with "Hello KingSong" even though I've turned it off in the app.

I think I'm resigned to hearing this forever :furious:

Hi Marty, this is Flora from KingSong. Very sorry for the remaining"Hello KingSong". Can you pls tell the series number of your 14S pls? I'd like to check with factory see if there's any solution to change.

For now if you don't want to hear the greets, you can mute the voice, then there will be only beeps alarm.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Flora Yuan said:

Hi Marty, this is Flora from KingSong. Very sorry for the remaining"Hello KingSong". Can you pls tell the series number of your 14S pls? I'd like to check with factory see if there's any solution to change.

For now if you don't want to hear the greets, you can mute the voice, then there will be only beeps alarm.

@Flora Yuan, PM sent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, KingSong69 said:

If the wheel greets you with “hello Kingsong” is depending on the production date of the board.

So if you have....you have it unfortunatly forever!

:angry: I was told that mine, ordered in late July, would be just like the new ones. Not in this way, I guess. :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...