rojieh

Dont't worry, dpong I'm better reading english than writing it... OLOLOL

Yes, I think it is true.  That bleu9mm and I are happy tree friends!  One day I will ask about the 9mm, but not today for crying out loud!  :)

We are having fun at each other, so please do not misunderstand.  He is one of my favorites!

Hi @rojieh, I got my NB1 E in January and broke the handle during my initial learning phase in Feb. As my learning took quite some time and included numerous involuntary dismounts, I had a rope attached to the handle to prevent it from crashing to the ground an collecting scratches. All of that training happened in an underground garage at very low speed and I don't recall that event when catching the wheel by the rope broke the handle as exceptionally violent. It just snapped off:

IMG20150201200456.thumb.jpg.bb33c3597c9e

Hi Tilmann,

I hope that Ninebot is making them sturdier now.  Like the way you created a way to use a strap. 

I talked to NinebotUS about this, and they say that when it's happened it was usually because of a crash while riding with the handle up, so the recommendation was just to always ride with the handle properly folded in.

hehe yeah and when you get off You cant grab it. Faulty design ftw

• 7 months later...
46 minutes ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

I have replaced the handle with a short piece of knotted rope

Interesting solution. So you don't push the EUC anymore but rather pull it :)

Can you show us overall pic how does it look like?

4 hours ago, DS said:

Interesting solution. So you don't push the EUC anymore but rather pull it :)

Can you show us overall pic how does it look like?

Hi, Please see attached. This replaces the built in handle rather than the trolley handle so is only used to lift the Ninebot-One. The rope is tied around a piece of paracord which attaches to the Ninebot. I plaited the two ends of the rope together to secure and it has held its form well.

Ninebot-One-E-Plus-Broken-Handle-Rope-Replacement.JPG

The exact same thing happened to mine.  I immediately wrote the retailer and they sent a replacement handle.  Installation wasn't very fun but it's doable with simple tools and lots of patience.  If you're interested in seeing how to do this, check out my video:

Archived