Anyone else experience having a 16S buck, then is fine for a few seconds, then spins out of control at full speed?

yogurtbink

29 minutes ago, RayRay said:

:( Please check my calibration method again. :(

This can't be happening... :cry2:

?????

Some more info, please?

Has your wheel been at the seller, changed a board? Did you get it back working?

Is this wheel now not working at all?

On your wheel i only see that calibrating does not work...has the wheel worked before?

But hey...i have an idea....some people got the wheel „locked“ by the new app....

Try this „lock“ button....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the button in the left down corner!

If it really is/was locked...it will ask you if you want to have it „permanent“ unlocked...or only one time „unlocked“...

Choose permanent, clear, or?

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Has your wheel been at the seller, changed a board? Did you get it back working?

This is an entirely new wheel. (eWheels exchanged it promptly.)

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I guess not, since it doesn't calibrate.

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

On your wheel i only see that calibrating does not work...has the wheel worked before?

It seemed to be improperly calibrated on arrival, so I calibrated it at the Fedex store and rode it home without issue.

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

some people got the wheel „locked“ by the new app....

Try this „lock“ button...

I tried locking and unlocking, but I can give it another try...

Just now, RayRay said:

Permanent unlock seemed to fix the issue. (Embarrassed, but joyful!) :wub:

Haha, i know that, because i had this issue nearly the same...i „tried“ the lock button...and on „unlock“ then i did not read proper....

So i allways choosed „once“ and was angry that the wheel goes into lock status after each powering on.

Solution: Unlock it permanently:-)

So now for sure you check the calibration modus, also!

Just one tip:

when calibrating (powering on with the long beep)...pay attention that you have the wheel not leaned to left or right while doing it!

Thats the same important as looking onto your pedal front/back calibration wish!

17 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

?????

Some more info, please?

But hey...i have an idea....some people got the wheel „locked“ by the new app....

Try this „lock“ button....

I forgot about the lock feature. My 14S was locked and behaved the same way. On but not balancing. Just click the lock/unlock button and you'll be good to go.

And btw:

Now it is time to have some riding fun with the 16S!

;-)

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I forgot about the lock feature. My 14S was locked and behaved the same way. On but not balancing. Just click the lock/unlock button and you'll be good to go.

To late to the party, Marty ;-)

8 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Hmm, it just turned dark outside but I do have plenty of night riding gear. (BTW: It's only a 14D, but still an upgrade from a 14C.) ;)

Uuups, didnt look correctly, but doesnt matter....the 14D is also an „S“ Series technically, just smaller battery than the 14S :-)

Same fantastic hard - and firmware :-)

Curious, have anybody of you guys found any use for this "lock" a feature?

im having trouble seeing the benefit of this, please help, it does not compute.

i mean, if the reason for it is that if it gets stolen its unusable, it would just end up in pieces and the trash. i would rather have my wheel working when stolen, this way the criminal could  at least enjoy riding it.

27 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Wait a second.

Do you mean to tell me his KS16s didn't balance because it was locked?

Yip, the new „beta“ app has a lock function, which makes the wheel useless for thieves if used....

The wheel did not balance if it is locked...the power button alone want help!

Its also nice if you only want to power up the wheel to use the BT speakers as a sound machine...but dont want driving....

(and no...this lock function in the app can not be accidently pressed while driving, it doesnt work when the wheel is moving)

55 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Do you mean to tell me his KS16s didn't balance because it was locked?

The app loses it's connection every-time you turn off the wheel (like during calibration). Then , you have to search and reconnect to the wheel manually to try again. (Calibration seemed to fail when locked.)

doh.jpg.d829d58575c2e2935677ae3ba41cce48.jpg

I didn't notice the wheel was reverting to 'locked' every-time I reconnected... (Still getting used to the new app.)

2 minutes ago, RayRay said:

didn't notice the wheel was reverting to 'locked' every-time I reconnected... (Still getting used to the new app.)

To be a bit more special:

It asks if you unlock if you want to unlock permanent or „one time“...when this is overread, like i did also first, you are wondering :-)

Archived