GT16: bip when change direction

LEO_LEO

How's the riding range like on the wheel from 100% charge?  Could it be a cell or two that may be defective in the pack?  Maybe the higher current draw up hills and during pendulums is straining the battery pack if the cells aren't pulling their weight. I wonder what the charged voltage of the battery pack is compared to a known working pack.  One other possibility might be that your charger is defective and not fully charging the battery up?  Did you contact your seller to see what they think?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Isn't the GT16 an 84V wheel?  Why is the voltage reading so low at 71V when you start off?  Maybe the battery pack or charger isn't working right?

the video test is done with half charge, when it is full charge it is 83-84 V , now it is 81.57 V and I arrive from 6 km of up and down.

GT16 drivers, help me, I'm getting crazy because my new gt16 in fast roads go very fast, but I do not know if it is normal, my GT16 can't make steep ascents at low speed ...today coming in the office 1 beep slowing down, 2 beeps rising on walking road uphill going slow :cry2:

12 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

the video test is done with half charge, when it is full charge it is 83-84 V , now it is 81.57 V and I arrive from 6 km of up and down.

71V would be 3,55V per cell and the voltage dropped to 68V which is 3,4V per cell. Imho at this cell voltages most EUC's beep under heavy load...

Lowest voltage should be something around or a bit above 62V (3,1V per cell - don't know the values for GT16) - so 71V should be already well below 50%...

12 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

GT16 drivers, help me, I'm getting crazy because my new gt16 in fast roads go very fast, but I do not know if it is normal, my GT16 can't make steep ascents at low speed ...today coming in the office 1 beep slowing down, 2 beeps rising on walking road uphill going slow :cry2:

It's also beeping like this will fully charged batteries?

If so you should get in contact with your reseller, as already @Barry Chen stated. Maybe something is not ok with your batteries and/or conections...

I have not found many videos of Gt16 in hard uphill, only this 

where there is a much stronger pendulum than my first video ... someone have a video with an hard uphill of a Gt16 V2 ?

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm betting it could be a control board issue where it's reacting a little too soon to the extra current spike during hill climbs and sudden changes of direction.  Maybe @Scatcat can comment.  Most likely it needs replacement.

Not without test riding the EUC myself. I can't say for sure if it's riding style or faulty firmware. But I think it may be time to consult whomever sold the thing to @who_the, as the problem seem a bit too much to be just riding style. I can say I weigh about as much and I don't experience the same thing, so it might be that there is something wrong.

I don't really have any serious hills around, there are some climbs in the 25-30% range, but not much more than that. If I have the time, I'll go try one of those climbs this weekend, and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

my problem is that in Italy the Gt16 is a new product, it is not yet a well-known product, so I can't' look for a direct comparative test with another rider.

Gt16 riders, can you post  videos, or even photos, self made or found in the net,  that will let me know if my Gt16 is missing  and know how much it is missing?

I don't found significant tests of ability to deliver power in extreme conditions 

4 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

my problem is that in Italy the Gt16 is a new product, it is not yet a well-known product, so I can't' look for a direct comparative test with another rider.

Gt16 riders, can you post  videos, or even photos, self made or found in the net,  that will let me know if my Gt16 is missing  and know how much it is missing?

I don't found significant tests of ability to deliver power in extreme conditions 

I would advise to ask your GT16 question in the France Forum!

espritroue.fr

There are a lot more GT16 users....

(From what i know: The newest Version of GT16 seams to have a quit sensible amperage Alarm!

I have seen a GW Tesla Video where a Tesla and a GT16 are driving up a hill...the GT16 was beeping the hole time and there was a text in the Video stating, that the beeps come from the GT16 and that this is normal for it to do so on high amperage....)

24 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I would advise to ask your GT16 question in the France Forum!

espritroue.fr

There are a lot more GT16 users....

(From what i know: The newest Version of GT16 seams to have a quit sensible amperage Alarm!

I have seen a GW Tesla Video where a Tesla and a GT16 are driving up a hill...the GT16 was beeping the hole time and there was a text in the Video stating, that the beeps come from the GT16 and that this is normal for it to do so on high amperage....)

Yes, Thanks, I know the video, but I have the problem  in hard up hill, I  can't go up, the wheel slows down and stops, ok I am 90 kg, but the road is a road for cars too (sure extreme up hill road for cars, but not only for extreme cars)

42 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

Yes, Thanks, I know the video, but I have the problem  in hard up hill, I  can't go up, the wheel slows down and stops, ok I am 90 kg, but the road is a road for cars too (sure extreme up hill road for cars, but not only for extreme cars)

Whats the degree of the hill??? You can measure with your phone with digital scale! (not percentage->degree!)

ok,  i will measure the degrees and percentage too this weekend (the road is a little far going with the wheel)   ...but my  question remain :

GT16 riders, was it ever happened that the wheel could not climb? if yes, on what occasion?

(I know it's not a nice question  talking about the limits of our love, but if it is true love we also accept and love its possible limits :D) 

5 hours ago, LEO_LEO said:

ok,  i will measure the degrees and percentage too this weekend (the road is a little far going with the wheel)   ...but my  question remain :

GT16 riders, was it ever happened that the wheel could not climb? if yes, on what occasion?

(I know it's not a nice question  talking about the limits of our love, but if it is true love we also accept and love its possible limits :D) 

If you have Google Earth you can find the slope of the hill virtually. It's very accurate.

6 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

what do you think,. I am 90 kg, , can the gt16 carry 90 kg up for this road?

I would say that should be no problem...but would be good to have the real measured degree!

Normally the powerfull wheels can do 25degree...that are about 46%

Best is....shoot a video!!!

Perhaps you are just not pressing/leaning enough?

Archived