First Annual EUC Championships

Kuji Rolls

Me and some others are starting to think of putting together some sort of first annual EUC competition together. We're just starting the ideation process and im looking for feedback. So here's what we got: 
The rationale for Shenzhen is that most of the EUCs factories and company HQs are nearby. Shenzhen is also a really wonderful city to ride in --such smooth wide sidewalks with sidewalk ramps. Huaqiangbei is located in Shenzhen and has world's largest electronics market (by far) which would be great for repairs, purchasing batteries/FETs/components/etc. Other considerations are the bay area and Paris. 
When:  April or October 2018
If Shenzhen, then it might make sense to sync it with the Spring or Autumn Canton Fair in Guangzhou (1 hour away from Shenzhen). 
Events: 
1. Speed racing: something like an F1 course
2. Off-roading: Motocross/trail riding
3. Freestyle: tricks and stunts

We're really just starting the ideation process and havent even pinged companies for interest in sponsorship, but i think this would be really fun for us EUC enthusiasts as well as bringing the community together. What say you? 

Fabulous idea! Of course I need to lobby for the San Francisco Bay Area, October is the best time of year to visit. I'll even sponsor a Dungeness crab feed for all forum members! Paris and Shenzhen would of course be awesome too. Shenzhen could be a shopping trip for a lot of us. And Paris is basically the worldwide capital of the EUC phenomena at this point.

Would be very cool if this could be an inclusive event with different forms of personal electric transport. A number of our local groups are building bridges with e-skateboarders and other riders, and the Paris rides seem to be very inclusive and welcoming. Could add to the market appeal and user base.

Yup yup. I agree we should be inclusive of other forms of personal electric vehicles. I have to get my head out of just EUCs. With different classes, this could get really interesting. I'm thinking some other potential classes: e-skateboards (4 wheels), ninebots (2 wheels coaxial), onewheel (one wheel, foot position front-to-back), hoverboards, scooters? 

I'd really like to get companies/super-enthusiasts onboard with this idea so they can prepare their fastest/meanest custom machines with pro riders bidding for the top ranks. I think we finally have enough riders to make something like this actually happen. 

I won’t travel, but how about competition classes where less experienced riders can also participate meaningfully. Trials skill tracks where ground/pole contacts are counted, 10cm (4”) wide straight line, 10cm wide curved track, steady speed run, etc.

Archived