InMotion app password?

Ubeogesh

I've wiped my smartphone some time ago. Today I reinstalled the inmotion app, and understood that I forgot my password.

The issue is, there's no real way to restore the password... because registration and login is via phone number, but password recovery is via email (I did not specify an email when registering).

I've emailed app@imscv.com, and got some autoreply in Chinese...

Has anybody solved such issue before?

43 minutes ago, Ubeogesh said:

I've wiped my smartphone some time ago. Today I reinstalled the inmotion app, and understood that I forgot my password.

The issue is, there's no real way to restore the password... because registration and login is via phone number, but password recovery is via email (I did not specify an email when registering).

Not sure but @King Ma - INMOTION is an InMotion rep who is/was on here and offered help for a while. Maybe he can assist. Look through some of his posts and he lists a direct email address somewhere.

52 minutes ago, Ubeogesh said:

That happened to me with the Ninebot app forced update.  I could not remember the log in, so I created a new user name and password, like a new owner.  Had some problem getting a verification code before the log in would time out, due to the time it took to receive the code was longer than the time given to enter the code, but after trying several times, finally the code was accepted and the app works again.

I never log out of the app, only back out of it.  Also I made sure to write down the log in and put it with the other papers for the wheel so I can find it.

Maybe you can create a new user account with different name and password, try it.

52 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That happened to me with the Ninebot app forced update.  I could not remember the log in, so I created a new user name and password, like a new owner.  Had some problem getting a verification code before the log in would time out, due to the time it took to receive the code was longer than the time given to enter the code, but after trying several times, finally the code was accepted and the app works again.

I never log out of the app, only back out of it.  Also I made sure to write down the log in and put it with the other papers for the wheel so I can find it.

Maybe you can create a new user account with different name and password, try it.

I think this will present the next problem of the new user account not being registered to the wheel meaning firmware can't be updated and Bluetooth passwords can't be changed. It may even prevent calibration via the app (not sure).

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

I think this will present the next problem of the new user account not being registered to the wheel meaning firmware can't be updated and Bluetooth passwords can't be changed. It may even prevent calibration via the app (not sure).

Is there an app that will let settings to be changed, does wheelog do that?  Maybe use an aftermarket app while getting the official app sorted?

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Is there an app that will let settings to be changed, does wheelog do that?  Maybe use an aftermarket app while getting the official app sorted?

You can still use the Inmotion app to change speed, lighting etc even if the wheel is unregistered. It is the advanced stuff you can't do and Wheellog can't do them either unfortunately.

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

You can still use the Inmotion app to change speed, lighting etc even if the wheel is unregistered. It is the advanced stuff you can't do and Wheellog can't do them either unfortunately.

What advanced stuff?  If you can set the pedal angle, what more would someone want?  That is the number one feature, to me.

I just want to be able to set the pedal angle to a more comfortable position.:crying:

I would like a raised in front angle. Aboot 3 degrees.

Never mind, I'll just get some shoe inserts.  That will fix it.:)

14 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Not sure but @King Ma - INMOTION is an InMotion rep who is/was on here and offered help for a while. Maybe he can assist. Look through some of his posts and he lists a direct email address somewhere.

Thank you - I've sent him an email. Update - his email is no longer available :(

As for third party apps, I've tried using wheel log and it feels like it updates quite slowly and doesn't even always work. Also it crashed like 3 times during the 10 minutes while I used it... I'd really want to get the official app back (it also has a really notification bar control, and allows customizing lighting effects)

7 hours ago, Ubeogesh said:

Thank you - I've sent him an email. Update - his email is no longer available :(

As for third party apps, I've tried using wheel log and it feels like it updates quite slowly and doesn't even always work. Also it crashed like 3 times during the 10 minutes while I used it... I'd really want to get the official app back (it also has a really notification bar control, and allows customizing lighting effects)

Try Info@imscv.com. That is the only other Inmotion email address that I know of.

Make sure you get the latest version of WheelLog from the links in the forum here. I generally have no problems with it and my V8. It crashes sometimes when connection is lost but is otherwise stable and the wheel adjustments appear to work. I understand the desire to get the official app working again. If you want to ever sell your wheel you will need to de-register it via the official app or the next owner will not be able to check firmware, change the BT password, or perform wheel calibration just as you cannot now. That would reduce the resale value of the wheel.

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

What advanced stuff?  If you can set the pedal angle, what more would someone want?

Calibration, firmware updates, and bluetooth password changes are restricted to registered wheels/accounts. I believe all other functions are available for use in the official app even if the wheel is not registered to the account.

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Calibration, firmware updates, and bluetooth password changes are restricted to registered wheels/accounts. I believe all other functions are available for use in the official app even if the wheel is not registered to the account.

Now that  you mention it,  it's the same with the ninedroid app I downloaded from the forum to use until I could get the official app working again.  Now I remember it won't do level calibration or firmware updates, but will show mileage, temp, speed and so forth.

Just now, steve454 said:

Now that  you mention it,  it's the same with the ninedroid app I downloaded from the forum to use until I could get the official app working again.  Now I remember it won't do level calibration or firmware updates, but will show mileage, temp, speed and so forth.

99.9% of the time a 3rd party app is better than the original. New firmware are rare, and changing the BT password is done maybe once in a lifetime (when you get it), but calibration seems to be needed at least a few times as settings seem to drift over time. That is where I'd have an issue without the official app.

Archived