1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

Exclusive
Not one, but two cameras for the Mini PLUS
And they will be expensive .. (where is the fender on the picture? :P)

https://mini-j.jimdo.com/mini-tech-fr/mini-plus/gimbal-camera-ptz/

mini-j-mini-plus-camera.png

I could imagine a front & back camera while riding.  Brilliant.

This fits for me.

I have an iPhone camera attached to the front of my MiniPro for recording.  It works but the MiniPlus and camera(s) design has a much higher dimension for video recording when riding.   Hands free.

Yes, keep the news coming.

2 hours ago, jojo33 said:

the buyer will have the choice between a 1080P camera or a 4K camera

Oh.

Its a choice of one or the other.

Then, I will have to bring extra cameras with me for a multi directional experience when riding.

A handheld camera provides a higher & more precise perspective.

Recently completing a couple of video shoots while riding adds tremendously to the overall experience.

• 4 weeks later...

source: https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/11/10/mi-ptz-camera-launched-best-partner-ninebot-plus-1499-yuan/

"Xiaomi has launched a new Mi PTZ Camera specially designed for use on the Mi Ninbot Plus self-balancing electric scooter. The Ninebot Plus was first announced in June this year with several upgrades over the first gen scooter and one of the features was the ability to use the scooter with a camera mounted on it and this is one perfect fit for that purpose.

The Xiaomi Mi PTZ camera features 3-axis OIS, 1080p Full HD, 104 degrees wide angle and allows you to shoot video in real time, slow motion, time lap photography and other functions. It can be installed at different angles 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees depending on the angulation you desire.

Also, the Mi PTZ Camera supports mobile phone real-time image transmission function which allows you to view in real-time, photos and videos through the mobile phone app.

The device which looks like the first-gen Samsung Gear 360 comes with a price of 1,499 Yuan (around $225) and will officially go on sale on November 11 in China via Mi.com."

5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

source: https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/11/10/mi-ptz-camera-launched-best-partner-ninebot-plus-1499-yuan/

"Xiaomi has launched a new Mi PTZ Camera specially designed for use on the Mi Ninbot Plus self-balancing electric scooter. The Ninebot Plus was first announced in June this year with several upgrades over the first gen scooter and one of the features was the ability to use the scooter with a camera mounted on it and this is one perfect fit for that purpose.

The Xiaomi Mi PTZ camera features 3-axis OIS, 1080p Full HD, 104 degrees wide angle and allows you to shoot video in real time, slow motion, time lap photography and other functions. It can be installed at different angles 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees depending on the angulation you desire.

Also, the Mi PTZ Camera supports mobile phone real-time image transmission function which allows you to view in real-time, photos and videos through the mobile phone app.

The device which looks like the first-gen Samsung Gear 360 comes with a price of 1,499 Yuan (around $225) and will officially go on sale on November 11 in China via Mi.com."

I wonder if it will have remote control features for start/stop videos.

Good consideration.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 2:40 PM, icom said:

ok I'm confused about this. People record while on skateboards, etc because they do tricks.

but what trick are people planning to do on a segway mini?

Biggest thing is that the Mini Pro can be remote-controlled and, along with a stabilized gimbal, be used as a rolling camera rig (dolly) opening tons of creative possibilities. In the past such a rig would set you back thousands of dollars.

2 hours ago, who_the said:

Biggest thing is that the Mini Pro can be remote-controlled and, along with a stabilized gimbal, be used as a rolling camera rig (dolly) opening tons of creative possibilities. In the past such a rig would set you back thousands of dollars.

Yes, I get the possibilities.

Video recording remotely has a place.  

Additionally, as a stand alone remote robot, a camera is needed.  I did that with my MiniPro and smartphone.

Archived