MSuper V3S+ lasted 5 months...

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

St. Dion and St. Jason are the two North American saints of the EUC world.

It would seem I chose well then. Dion sold me the MSuper and Jason a KS18S this week, can't wait for Friday to get here.

Oh, yeah ... no more without a wheel to ride when something goes pop. I tried getting back on the IPS I moved up from and ... well ... no. 

21 minutes ago, stevedig said:

It would seem I chose well then. Dion sold me the MSuper and Jason a KS18S this week, can't wait for Friday to get here.

Oh, yeah ... no more without a wheel to ride when something goes pop. I tried getting back on the IPS I moved up from and ... well ... no. 

I recommend that everyone has at least two quality backup wheels. I've been down to one wheel and it's no fun :cry2:

1 hour ago, stevedig said:

This is why I'm looking at a new wheel despite having just got my first one and being perfectly happy with it.  It's less for me about upgrading or variety and more about having a backup.  I find it tricky because I want to get a wheel that is different enough from my current wheel to offer different performance characteristics, while wanting something that can compete with my V8 for convenience so I don't just use the V8 all the time. 

It's not easy to compete with the V8 for my usage.  On the one hand, I've looked at the Monster because it's so different than my primary wheel and I really like aspects of it's design.  The problem is that I think I'd rarely choose to use it over the V8.  On the other hand, there's the KS16S, that would get my vote for best overall wheel right now, but wouldn't give me the variety of having a bigger wheel that I'm after.  

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

This is why I'm looking at a new wheel despite having just got my first one and being perfectly happy with it.  It's less for me about upgrading or variety and more about having a backup.  I find it tricky because I want to get a wheel that is different enough from my current wheel to offer different performance characteristics, while wanting something that can compete with my V8 for convenience so I don't just use the V8 all the time. 

It's not easy to compete with the V8 for my usage.  On the one hand, I've looked at the Monster because it's so different than my primary wheel and I really like aspects of it's design.  The problem is that I think I'd rarely choose to use it over the V8.  On the other hand, there's the KS16S, that would get my vote for best overall wheel right now, but wouldn't give me the variety of having a bigger wheel that I'm after.  

I have one wheel for each size - 10", 14", 16", 18", and 22". So each wheel offers a very unique riding experience versus two wheels of the same size.

Take a look at the KS14S. I rate this 5-out-of-5. It's very agile, powerful, with has a fantastic range. Nicely incorporated trolley handle makes it convenient everywhere. It would complement the V8 yet give you nice contrast for variety. Can't beat the price too.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have one wheel for each size - 10", 14", 16", 18", and 22". So each wheel offers a very unique riding experience versus two wheels of the same size.

Take a look at the KS14S. I rate this 5-out-of-5. It's very agile, powerful, with has a fantastic range. Nicely incorporated trolley handle makes it convenient everywhere. It would complement the V8 yet give you nice contrast for variety. Can't beat the price too.

There was a guy in Germany selling a 14D a couple weeks back and he was basically just trying to dump it (400 euros).  I tried to get him to ship it, but he was determined it be a local sale.  I wasn't excited about the battery capacity, but was thinking just in terms of having a backup.  I could easily see myself ending up with a 14S in the stable eventually. 

The MSuper and 18S are my two leading candidates with the 18L the darkhorse bringing up the rear.  @stevedig please give us your thoughts and impressions on the two 18" wheels once you get a chance to get a feel for them.  There aren't a lot of 18S owners out there, unfortunately, and few comparisons to the MSuper. 

I'm really curious about the actual weight of the 18L because if it's as light as KS is suggesting (doubtful) then it would be very tempting.

3 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

There was a guy in Germany selling a 14D a couple weeks back and he was basically just trying to dump it (400 euros).  I tried to get him to ship it, but he was determined it be a local sale.  I wasn't excited about the battery capacity, but was thinking just in terms of having a backup.  I could easily see myself ending up with a 14S in the stable eventually. 

The MSuper and 18S are my two leading candidates with the 18L the darkhorse bringing up the rear.  I'm really curious about the actual weight of the 18L because if it's as light as KS is suggesting (doubtful) then it would be very tempting.

If you want the most alien experience, go with the 18S - it's a very unique wheel for sure. Otherwise, the MSuper is king. The 18L is vaporware at this point.

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you want the most alien experience, go with the 18S - it's a very unique wheel for sure. Otherwise, the MSuper is king. The 18L is vaporware at this point.

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the currently available wheels because of their larger battery capacities.   I'm torn between the two 18" wheels.  KS18S would cost me $500 more than the 1300wh MSuper. 

I absolutely love the MSuper, popped fets not withstanding. Hard to go wrong with it.

Couldn't resist the KS18S once I had an excuse tho. Been dying to compare it.

Eventually I'll look at a small wheel to compliment the 18s. Maybe a KS14S or an MTen.

Not till next year tho I think...

I'll give my impressions MSuper v/s KS18S next week some time... Delivery is scheduled for Friday per FedEx so I plan to tool it around the State Fair this weekend.

I do not think that mosfet is a problem.
And I do not think the overheating is.
Because I certainly have enough cooling.
The problem I think is a software, or some other component.
Because breakdown is usually the smallest event of a crash or event.
In use, they do not break easily. They break down at low speed.

Hey Folks,

This is NOT my video, and I don't think it has anything to do with speed. Im curious what you think happened to the Msuper as it crossed the finish line.?

note to Gotway :maybe raise the pedal height on all models.

21 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey Folks,

This is NOT my video, and I don't think it has anything to do with speed. Im curious what you think happened to the Msuper as it crossed the finish line.?

note to Gotway : raise the pedal height on all models.

I very rarely scrape the pedals on any of my wheels and I can turn in a very tight radius. I think he needs to work on his turning skills - Gotway doesn't need to raise the pedals.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway doesn't need to raise the pedals.

well, I never scrape either.. 

It's kind of a strange video.

Im more concerned about the Msuper loosing it

13 hours ago, Demian B said:

I would say max accelerating with hands behind the back is a bad idea. 

I’m not so sure about that. When you start to fall you rapidly pull your hands forward moving your center of gravity backwards. In theory this atleast gives you a bit more time to embrace the fall.

If somebody doesn’t know what I’m talking about, try it while riding at a steady slow speed. Keep your hans in the back, then quickly pull them all the way forward. The wheel slows down because your center of balance moves backwards.

Maybe so while your feet have some bearing on the pedals, but if your airborne because your wheel quit after pushing it too hard, I don’t think your center of gravity matters much. Having your hands and arms in a more ready position for impact with the road would be better I think. I’ll admit it does look cool and more aerodynamic. Now that it’s colder where I live, I think about how, with my hands in my jacket pockets, If something goes wrong, I might hit the road like that. Not enough time to pull my hands out and reduce the impact. 

I'm with @Marty Backeon this one; a 14 incher like the ks14s could be a great replacement or addition for your V8 as it has considerably greater range, and is pretty cheap to boot.

With the way big and expensive wheels seem to break down, I'd go with reasonable quantity of wheels over just one or two expensive wheels.

I look at all my wheels as being "crash and burn" wheels rather than something you can expect to buy then sell down the line. My observation is people crash out or break their wheels enough so that their resale value is minimal.

For example, given the choice of a used MSuper V3s for a $1k or a new KS14s for $800, I'd pick the new wheel every time.

I'd go so far as to say a used wheel is by very definition a bad wheel, as why else would a person sell a wheel unless it was lacking or problematic in some way. Mind you, I'm saying this as a potential MSV3s seller...

4 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

d go so far as to say a used wheel is by very definition a bad wheel, as why else would a person sell a wheel unless it was lacking or problematic in some way. Mind you, I'm saying this as a potential MSV3s seller...

Sorry, 

why shouldnt a sell happen on other cases?

I have sold my wheels all just to make place/money for new ones?! all of the buyers had been very happy, as the wheels were totally fine and running good! I would even go that far to say it was a good deal for the buyers...

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I'm with @Marty Backeon this one; a 14 incher like the ks14s could be a great replacement or addition for your V8 as it has considerably greater range, and is pretty cheap to boot.

With the way big and expensive wheels seem to break down, I'd go with reasonable quantity of wheels over just one or two expensive wheels.

I look at all my wheels as being "crash and burn" wheels rather than something you can expect to buy then sell down the line. My observation is people crash out or break their wheels enough so that their resale value is minimal.

For example, given the choice of a used MSuper V3s for a $1k or a new KS14s for $800, I'd pick the new wheel every time.

I'd go so far as to say a used wheel is by very definition a bad wheel, as why else would a person sell a wheel unless it was lacking or problematic in some way. Mind you, I'm saying this as a potential MSV3s seller...

In defense of used wheels, I've sold two ACM's and an MSuper and those wheels are still going strong. Just sayin...

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry, 

why shouldnt a sell happen on other cases?

I have sold my wheels all just to make place/money for new ones?! all of the buyers had been very happy, as the wheels were totally fine and running good! I would even go that far to say it was a good deal for the buyers...

You are selling the wheel because it became obsolete. While it doesn't mean there's something malfunctioning with the wheel, it does mean it is missing features you consider important enough to unload the wheel.

For example, at what price would you buy a 320 IPS Lhotz for?

5 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You are selling the wheel because it became obsolete. While it doesn't mean there's something malfunctioning with the wheel, it does mean it is missing features you consider important enough to unload the wheel.

For example, at what price would you buy a 320 IPS Lhotz for?

It only means i am upgrading...

Yes, sure i go and get a faster, better wheel as the reason for my selling.

But i would guess a 1160wh V3 Msuper for about 830 Dollar is a great and fantastic opportunity to buy a wheel, which is all, but not “bad by definition”?! Also my sold 18A with 40kmh and 1360wh, makes a customer coming from a ninebot e more than happy.

Then there is also the price point. when you are not able to easily give 1500++ bucks, a used wheel in the high performance class might fullfill all the buyers wishes.

Archived