Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

Hi all

I've been away from this group for a while.  In Perth and I have an MCM3 and an MCM5. I do a lot of riding around the bridges (because I live near them) and sometimes off road. Wouldn't mind catching up with others for a ride. I keep hearing people tell me others have unicycles, but so far I have not seen any and I have been riding regularly for over 3 years!

Cheers

Mark

On 12/8/2019 at 8:35 PM, BEN.TANK said:

Hi Mark, I'm riding regularly around Attadale / Applecross foreshore areas. Only a few months into it and work month on/off but I'm keen to meet up with anyone when I'm home in Jan. ✌️

OK Ben. I go that way sometimes. I live in Como, so central to Applecross and the city. 

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you all had a safe and fun xmas and new years,   welcome to 2020!!!

We had a good ride yesterday here in Mandurah,  thought I'd mark and share it in case it would make it easier for others to find and explore it themselves.    
50:50 on/off paths,  but there's alternate routes that would make it all path.  On the trail section there are a few soft bits I needed to walk the V8 through to keep me paying attention.  
If I'd had more ppe I'd have had a go at the pump/jump/bmx track we found on the way :-)           
I ride with my dog (and the missus on her ebike) so I'm limited speed wise,  which is just as well as if ridden faster it would be advisable to have more ppe on than I usually ride in.

Parking and toilets either end,  bbq's and other stuff at the foreshore reserve end.     We started from up near the forum because that's were we live,  but I'm marking the trail from dunny to dunny ;-)
From Foreshore reserve,  around Mandurah quay,  and then from one end of  Len Howard conservation park to the other (and back).

Approximately 10km return give or take.   

image.png.3df7fc2bb8a9709d98d8deab914ea415.png

Google Map for this ride - and future rides - Mandurah.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ShQyAOuEKqWxNY47tqqaoeRFLDikOYdD&usp=sharing
Feel free to add tracks/poi's/etc to the map, and/or share.    (Please add your initials and change the colour for any extra's you put on the map).

ps.  If you find a water bottle in an orange cooler belt clip...   please return lol  fell out of the missus's basket :-)

• Like 3

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the small but growing unicycle community in Perth. It's still so small that the risk of running into another unicyclist is negligible, but there are a few of us around. I'd be happy to do a group ride at some point. @BEN.TANK is in the metro area with a V8 and I am sure he would like to get onto a group ride at some point. I am loathe to be the one to organise it though as I am jumping between a few things at the moment and I can't guarantee a time too far in advance.

I normally ride around the river when I am just going out for a blast as I am in Como. I may get a chance to go out this afternoon, at about 4pm. 

3 hours ago, MikeyP said:

Hi guys,

I just signed up to the forum. I picked up a V8 about a month ago and am keen to meet up anytime there's a group ride happening. I'm in Subi but happy to travel to meet.

Cheers!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Hit me up whenever I'm always keen depending where I'm at. 🤙

On 1/13/2020 at 6:38 PM, MikeyP said:

Hi guys, I'm going to ride the bridges Sat morning, wondering if anyone's keen to join? I'll be down by The Boatshed Cafe in South Perth at 9am this Saturday (18/1/20). If you're free and keen, come on down. Cheers!

Sorry I missed your post Mike. I'm around there all the time. 

Edited by chopsywa

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, chopsywa said:

After a  month with a flat, I am finally going again.Anyone riding in Perth on the forum these days?

Hey Chopsy, I'm still riding most days. Looking to do the bridges tomorrow morning actually if you're keen to join.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I've recently'ish got into riding EUCs, first on a lhotz and now have a Msuper V3S+ (after waiting 2 months for a new inner tube).

I think I ran into Mike on the one of my first attempts at riding on the sidewalk, and I pretty sure I've met ChopsyWA in another setting.

Would be keen for a group ride the next time we're organising one. 

• 1 month later...

@Eyss and @Ben.Tank. I can get out for a bit on Sunday, which looks like a nice day. I'm good to go if either, or both of you want to get out. @Eyss, your EUC is not going to be dwarfed like your MC LOL. You will win that one.

Hey @chopsywa. I completely missed your message last Friday.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:44 PM, chopsywa said:

@Eyss, your EUC is not going to be dwarfed like your MC LOL. You will win that one.

I imagine you'll still be able to leave me in the dust though!

But this Sunday's weather looks alright'ish so would be up for a ride!

On 7/16/2020 at 4:21 PM, Eyss said:

Hey @chopsywa. I completely missed your message last Friday.

I imagine you'll still be able to leave me in the dust though!

But this Sunday's weather looks alright'ish so would be up for a ride!

Yes Sunday sounds good. @BEN.TANK is keen too. 10am? 0418953290