Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

Righteo Alan(?).      My schedule is my own (I can arrange my day to suit),   Marcin's looking to fit a ride in with us between jobs.    What suits you Marcin?
Not late,  not early...      and where?   You're pretty keen on Elisabeth Quay Alan,  I'm cool with that,   and I think there's a decent amount or paths we could explore between there and Mounts Bay rd right?

Edited by t0me

Alan: i can be there at 9:30am and if distance will be less than 11km i will take my OW+ otherwise i will take my 9bot, what U riding?

Tom: if wanna ride but cant make it i can come later to Ur place and we can give a go somewhere around Ur place, let me know what its Ur plan

thanks!

I'd not make it that early,   11am start would work for me.
I'm happy to explore that area another time/ride if that doesn't work for you both Marcin. 

I have an idea for a future ride.   
Let me know when's the next time you'll be available Alan,  Marcin and if you'd be interested in it.
Also,  anyone else who's been lurking,  either msg here or PM if you have any idea's or time/day preferences etc.

One of the rides I've been thinking of is around the bike path's near Cannington,  Ferndale,  Kent St Weir.   I haven't done it quite all the way on the wheel as its just outside my range home-to-home.

Starting from Kents St Weir carpark (there's toilets,  a cafe,  and a dirt bmx track there,   how's that one-wheel on dirt jumps?  :-))
There's an 8km loop in one direction and another 4 to 7km loop in the other direction on the bike paths.  So distance can be varied depending on riders/wheels.
Start and finish is a cafe.   There's another cafe at the half way point on the 8k loop,  public water fountains along the way if wanted.   All very civilised ?   
At a casual rate we'd likely finish both loops in an hour + break times.
All formed footpath's (no offroading except by choice).
Map attached.

kentst paths.jpg

Marcin, I have a 9bot!    So tomorrow  confirmed; better check tyre pressure today!

Tom & Marcin, yes would be interested in the proposed ride from Kent St.  I've cycled around the area:  good scenic route.

Really only most Wednesdays and Thursdays work for me as I have other commitments for the rest of the week.  So keep me posted with your suggestions

Alan

Alan:

great! Where we gona meet? Or where U wanna park car, i was thinking maybe we park cars south perth close to katamaran hire and from that we can go?

Tom: let me know what suiit U, but i can tell U the best ride is in erly morning - i did one few weeks ago at 7am along river up to city and comeback and was just amazing ride in plus everyone going to work and i enjoying my ride (i was working most of the night hehe so for me was a finish), hope we catch up soon

Bart got a KS18L - next week i will go to his place to try ?

Marcin,

I said a few posts back that I'd take the train to Eliz Quay, and suggested we meet at the 'Spanda' thing at 9.30. I thought we go to Claisebrook Cove and back. How's your arm? Also, I am not into riding in the rain; so will text you if it looks rainy!

Looks like we have 4 riders in Perth, great!       BTW, I have never gone off road - too risky for me!

Alan

16 minutes ago, AlanR said:

Marcin,

I said a few posts back that I'd take the train to Eliz Quay, and suggested we meet at the 'Spanda' thing at 9.30. I thought we go to Claisebrook Cove and back. How's your arm? Also, I am not into riding in the rain; so will text you if it looks rainy!

Looks like we have 4 riders in Perth, great!       BTW, I have never gone off road - too risky for me!

Alan

Ok, thats good with me, i just must to figure out where to park my car. Should be suny day. Its more than 4 people who riding, i know sth else who riding inmotion (except Tom) and there is few more people who riding OW

my arm is better everyday, they said that i need another 2-3months till my body adjust to new condition but its fully cured and i can do everything with it so i ready for crazy riding (Sunday and Monday i spent on skatepark in Beckenham)

Tom: OW is great on off road but when is wet or is muddy its like wakebording on high speed - not much traction and supper slippery but i think because i have a vega gokart tire and this tyre react like that

Edited by Marcin

When you retire, early am becomes a mythical beast sent to torture and confound the pre-caffeinated mind.     Unless you're going fishing,  then its just an unfortunate necessity.

On the other hand the missus send me a beautiful picture of the dawn yesterday from her walk to work.    It did look nice,  but I find the best way to experience an early morning is in a photo,  later,  somewhen after 10am ?

Edited by t0me
spelling/punctuation

I was thinking that i retire at 30... now im just a bit older and i almost retired 3 years ago but i think retirement is not for me, i will be working always, first becaus this have positive impact on me, second as im not enjoying what im doing but im enjoying that my work is fully adjustable and i dont need to ask anyone for day off, and third finally i think what not kill U it will make U stronge ?

and sunrise is worth to get up early (ocasionally ?)

Wouldn't be quite so special if I saw it every day...     but yes,  on rare occasions,  I agree.

I hope you guys had a good ride.   When I got up at 10 it was hard work to get out of my cosy bed so I bet it was super cold when you guys were getting going.

Had a great ride - a leather jacket fixed any little cold - my first time in the city with my EUC!

Marcin informed that they are illegal to ride on the streets in Perth!!!      Bureaucrats with nothing better to do.

Look forward to repeating the experience.

was very nice ride, and nice chat with U Alan, hope next time we do circle around :)

Thanks for today and let me know when U wanna go next time

Tom: i will wake U up next time and U will go with us (i still got Ur number ? )

On 6/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, t0me said:

I'd not make it that early,   11am start would work for me.
I'm happy to explore that area another time/ride if that doesn't work for you both Marcin. 

I have an idea for a future ride.   
Let me know when's the next time you'll be available Alan,  Marcin and if you'd be interested in it.
Also,  anyone else who's been lurking,  either msg here or PM if you have any idea's or time/day preferences etc.

One of the rides I've been thinking of is around the bike path's near Cannington,  Ferndale,  Kent St Weir.   I haven't done it quite all the way on the wheel as its just outside my range home-to-home.

Starting from Kents St Weir carpark (there's toilets,  a cafe,  and a dirt bmx track there,   how's that one-wheel on dirt jumps?  :-))
There's an 8km loop in one direction and another 4 to 7km loop in the other direction on the bike paths.  So distance can be varied depending on riders/wheels.
Start and finish is a cafe.   There's another cafe at the half way point on the 8k loop,  public water fountains along the way if wanted.   All very civilised ?   
At a casual rate we'd likely finish both loops in an hour + break times.
All formed footpath's (no offroading except by choice).
Map attached.

kentst paths.jpg

let me know when U wanna go there, i would like to try this trial :D

Cool cool,   and I think I have another one for a future ride,    looks like a decent network of paths around and between Yangebup lake and Bibra lake.  

Assuming the weather's good next Wednesday,  shall we pencil a ride in for then? 

9 hours ago, AlanR said:

Does anyone know how to search for members residing in Perth?

Click on the "magnifying glass" in the search box, 
Then click the "member search" tab, and
Enter "Perth" (or "WA") in the "Location" field...

Then you want to check each member to see how current their logons are...

But, don't just focus on Perth - There are riders like @The Skinny Unicyclist in Mandurah, who aren't in Perth but may be close enough to join you for a ride.

No problem at all,   I was going to have to give it a miss tomorrow morning also.  

I just got a pebble watch in the post,   so I'm about to go out and do some testing while it seems like it'll be dry for a while.

Thursday's rainy too.   Friday looks fine.