Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

45 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Hi everyone. I did today 2 rides, first with my new Onewheel+ and second with Ninebot One E+... was interesting expiriance switching between that 2 

Now that's interesting... What do think of the Oewheel?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Now that's interesting... What do think of the Oewheel?

Onewheel - definitely totally different, everyone can start riding - no need couple hours to learn how to balance, but U must constantly balance even when U in the motion on high speed (so far i reached only 20km/h) rather like on unicycle when U in the motion its pretty easy to balance, big plus that basically i can stop on any intersection and stay on board almost without moving front or back but its constant balance right and left, riding style is totally different as well, its more about shifting the weight of body rather that leaning forward, supraisly its very easy to to lose balance but i just did 30km so far so maybe i need more experience but honestly U can compare it because like i mentioned its totally different, big plus that on onewheel is easy to ride hard surface as well like lose surface (grass, gravel, hard sand i tried already). but i love unicycle for a range and for great cruising; onewheel its more for fun, like dirt tracks, got only range aprox 13-14km, and truly its feeling like U going on snowboard... and the best of OW+ (and what all eUnicycle should work on it) that its fully charge in 20min!!!

I may write some more info when i do more km maybe i will get use to it, so far when i switch after riding onewheel to unicycle straight away i had funny feeling that left leg (leg which was in front on onewheel) wanna move few cm(!!!) to the front of pedal compare to other leg and few couple minutes of riding on unicycle was weird until my legs get back to normal way of riding hehe

now i love both wheels ;D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Skinny Unicyclist said:

Are the OW+ very pricey? Who did you go through to get it? Looks interesting all right!

I imported by myself, organized permit and and custom clearance and paid the shipment, duty etc and arrive here, was much more costly that i expected but i think is worth... well i spend already more on wakebording which im doing on regular basic but now im missing skipper so my boat its standing and getting dusty and most of free time or im on eWheel or on Perth Wake Park.

anyway today i had very nice evening ride around applecross area and i again was able to see dolphins from couple meters (i decided to put on camera and they decided to swim away)

tomorow ride will be between hepburn ave and ocean reef road along freway (hope so)

34E0CC5E-270E-4C83-83C8-3F605676DE83.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Anyone found a decent dealer in Perth? I have my old Gotway MCM3, but id like to get a 16" wheel. Thinking Inmotion V8, but id look at a Ninebot E1+. Id like to buy local if prices are reasonable. Would like to join up for a ride too, but I only get about 10km. 240Wh battery.

6 hours ago, chopsywa said:

Hi all. Anyone found a decent dealer in Perth? I have my old Gotway MCM3, but id like to get a 16" wheel. Thinking Inmotion V8, but id look at a Ninebot E1+. Id like to buy local if prices are reasonable. Would like to join up for a ride too, but I only get about 10km. 240Wh battery.

Locally there's only one place that sells euc here - it's in Subiaco called ninebotone. They were on some current affair program a few years back and I've bought a battery and some EUC tyre tubes from them. Looks like their website is under maintenance but you can find their contact info here: https://www.truelocal.com.au/business/ninebot-one/subiaco

12 hours ago, Munsense said:

it's in Subiaco called ninebotone. 

Yes I remember them. I criticised his ludicrous prices back then and copped a mouthful. Maybe they have gone out of business. I think I might get a Gotway Tesla from Ali Express. That looks to give great bang for buck.

Chopsywa maybe you are right, prices were indeed over the top. They dropped their prices a whole lot (halved) just before the webpage disappeared. Tesla sounds great, let us know when you get it! Would love to see one in real life over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everone.

I had been busy with work plus 2 weeks ago i crash on my OneWheel (nose dive) and crack my left arm bone. Anyway im back with riding (both Ninebot and Onewheel) from last Thursday but i have to be carefull because i need 5-6 weeks to cure that bone. Lucky this time nothing serios and no scratches on my body - knee, elbow and hand motocros gloves works perfectly. So if anyone will be can to go let me know, im planning to do some riding in the city or somewhere around on Thursday or Wednesday arvo.

Marcin

14 hours ago, Marcin said:

Hello everone.

I had been busy with work plus 2 weeks ago i crash on my OneWheel (nose dive) and crack my left arm bone. Anyway im back with riding (both Ninebot and Onewheel) from last Thursday but i have to be carefull because i need 5-6 weeks to cure that bone. Lucky this time nothing serios and no scratches on my body - knee, elbow and hand motocros gloves works perfectly. So if anyone will be can to go let me know, im planning to do some riding in the city or somewhere around on Thursday or Wednesday arvo.

Marcin

Oh no, a broken arm - I'm sorry to hear that. Good on ya for getting right back onto it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, i have been flooded with work and was riding occasionally in the late evening or early morning (5am)...

im getting better, i should be fine in next 2-3 weeks, my arm still is sour and i can not lift over my head but that doesn't stop me from riding - both 9bot and OW and i had for couple days tesla to have fun (i borrowed from friend), anyway "what not kill me, make me stronger" ;)

P.S.

Im riding now just a bit slower and im trying not go for any serious offroad till will be cure 100% (but temptation is very strong hehe)

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I'm back on this site after some 2 years!   Just busy with other things.    Would like to meet / join in a ride sometime.  I live in Bull Creek and have done a couple of rides along the Esplanade, Mt Pleasant.   I'd like to ride around Elizabeth Quay with others!  Alan

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AlanR said:

Hi All, I'm back on this site after some 2 years!   Just busy with other things.    Would like to meet / join in a ride sometime.  I live in Bull Creek and have done a couple of rides along the Esplanade, Mt Pleasant.   I'd like to ride around Elizabeth Quay with others!  Alan

Im happy to go with U. Im living in Seville Grove but almost evereyday im in applecross area and city so let me know when U wanna ride and i will try to find some free time between jobs

marcin

8 hours ago, Marcin said:

Im happy to go with U. Im living in Seville Grove but almost evereyday im in applecross area and city so let me know when U wanna ride and i will try to find some free time between jobs

marcin

Saturdays are best for me, but some Wednesdays and Thursdays as well; but not this Wednesday.   Forecast for Thursday looks good; how does this Thursday suit you? Alan

I can do Thursday too and would like to join in.   
Are you thinking a round-the-bridges ride? Spreading it out by exploring the Quay,  side trails, and new cafe's shops etc near the helipad.   (I haven't been round the bridges in years but friends were extolling the virtues of a cafe they found near there - didn't even know there were shops there now!).

Maybe park up/meet at Burswood or somewhere in SP/Como?
Could start/end near that new GIANT pub near Burswood. ?

4 hours ago, t0me said:

I can do Thursday too and would like to join in.   
Are you thinking a round-the-bridges ride? Spreading it out by exploring the Quay,  side trails, and new cafe's shops etc near the helipad.   (I haven't been round the bridges in years but friends were extolling the virtues of a cafe they found near there - didn't even know there were shops there now!).

Maybe park up/meet at Burswood or somewhere in SP/Como?
Could start/end near that new GIANT pub near Burswood. ?

I will train to Eliz Quay.          Around the bridges is about 13 km - I haven't done that for some time - I did 6.3 km last week and was surprisingly shakey with tension[?] at the end.    How about to Claisebrook Cove,  coffee and back thats 12 km return!  ?                    

South of the river would be preferable for me just because that's where I'm coming from.
If there's free parking nearby though,  I'm happy to meet anywhere  ?   

Near where you are...    Bullcreek.   Looks (from maps) like there's a load of trail around Beeliar Regional Park.   Do you know that area?   Its been on my radar to try.
I know there's a couple of other members here who live (or used to?) near there too.  

I could get to Eliz Quay about 9.30 - so if you guys want more distance and start at say Burswood, S. Perth etc - then meet up at Eliz. Quay in front of 'Spanda' around 9.40 ?

Do the site rules allow me to give my mobile no?

I wouldn't make it to you that early,    I'm rarely functional before 9.30.   Peak hour traffic too!   Yeesh.   Pass ?   

I'd pm rather than post your mobile number Alan

5 minutes ago, t0me said:

I wouldn't make it to you that early,    I'm rarely functional before 9.30.   Peak hour traffic too!   Yeesh.   Pass ?   

I'd pm rather than post your mobile number Alan

Of course, what time would suit you? I've pm my mobile to you and Marcin.