Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

Hi everyone

Wednesday evening im planing to be around Sorento (5-6pm) - dont have a plans how to go so i will go with the flow

Thursday - middle of day or around 4pm Gosnells (plan is attached)

Friday - Mandurah - around Halls Head and city area

feel free to be in touch if anyone wanna join

gosnel track.jpg

Those drainage canals exactly where you rode today is where I've been told by a councillor there are some big koi/carp.    Keep an eye out.   I've seen some smaller ones in there when I lived in the area,  but not the giant ones he told me are in there :-)

did you have a play in the skate park?

Yeap i did, and was good fun, but hot today as i have been there around 12. Unfortunatelly i did not noticed and carp... i think council have wrong information... anyway im in my storage/carpentry facility and im thinking to build some small ramps

Such a skeptic lol.    There are koi in suburban waters all throughout Perth.   Koi aren't the most exotic escapees.    eg.  large murray cod in Canningvale (http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/giant-murray-river-cod-found-in-canning-vale-lake-20141121-11rbdp.html) .   They're the most common though (http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/holy-carp-perths-urban-fishers-take-to-the-drains-20141126-11ulqd.html)      

I've seen small ones living in those drainage canals.    I have no reason not to believe the guy who told me about them while we were fishing for silver perch together (in my backyard :-) ).

How about?     Kent st weir,  round trip about 11k's.    Adds 22k if we went from my place,  so probably meet at Kent st weir.    Has parking,  kid and toilet facilities,  a bmx track (dirt) and a cafe (not sure when its open till).
Turn around point just at the Fern st bridge also has a cafe.

Its not a long route.    I didn't see an easy wheel friendly path from Mt Henry Bridge and back,   I'd guess that'd be another 13k's.  Doable,  and Manning rd shows on Google maps a "bike friendly" but I dunno about that....

canning river ride route.jpg