Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

17 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I'll be doing a short ride on Sunday. Meeting at Camfield at 5, leaving at 5:30 going on the north side of the river. 

Having dinner at the food trucks at South Perth and then heading back. 

South Perth Streets is great. Won't be here in the weekend, but I'll catch up tomorrow. Bringing the EUC.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, kristiandentuto said:

Hello riderz, hope everyone's safe and sound! I am organising another group ride, starting from South Perth Boat Ramp (close by the zoo) at 7pm!

Hey Kristian

Why don't you come on a group ride Wednesday nights? City beach to Hillarys this week.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, MichaelM said:

Hi there, got my ks-16x  a few months ago and have been riding on my own. Stumbled on this forum and would be keen to join you on.

kind regards

Michael

Sure Michael. What is your Facebook name? We have a Messenger group.

What area are you in?

14 hours ago, MichaelM said:

Hi there, got my ks-16x  a few months ago and have been riding on my own. Stumbled on this forum and would be keen to join you on.

kind regards

Michael

There's also a general PEV Facebook group that meets every Wednesday which is good fun.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484943341672910

• 1 month later...

I'm in Perth, North River, Beechboro.

meeting a few Esk8 guys around the place; Yet to come across a EUC rider.

I have a V11 for about 4 weeks now. Super fun and awesome off-road. wanting to try some big street rides and off-road trail rides. Always up for ride.

Cool,   another V11 in Perth!

Keep your air pressure up,  especially offroad,   apparently people are bending rims on it fairly easily.

Where'd you get yours?

id hate to bend a rim.

Thank for the tip about air pressure. I've been experimenting with 27 and 35psi. still discovering what's nice. Also i would think your weight would impact that too.

Feels like the suspension top and bottom get soft pretty quick,
120/60

is such a pain in the to remove the wheel for punctures. thinking of modding the cable so dont have to open up the main board

Ordered it from https://e-riderz.com.au

I filled my tyre with Armor Dilloz.    So hopefully I won't have to worry about punctures anyway.   Steve has the stuff (e-riderz).   I got mine from him too.
I've checked mine weekly (shocks) they haven't moved much,  don't forget there's some in the pump when you're filling them (allow at least 10psi if you have the lever valve pump type,  if its the screw type,  yeah dunno probably allow an extra 15psi).

There's a ride tonight from the Camfield to the quarter acre and back. Be at the Camfield around 6. I'll be there on my V11. There will be 1 or 2 Shermans and maybe a MSP. Lots of esk8 and a scooter or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys

I'm considering getting a EUC, but I'm 150kg!

Currently I have an Electric Scooter, but its hard on my body commuting 12ks to Work and I've been led to believe that an EUC is better to handle a barge arse

Any thoughts?  My main concern is balance.

I don't suppose there is anywhere in Perth that will let me have a little go?

• Like 1

Maybe...    the forwards riding position might be better.    

Balance yup,  but its not a million miles from what you need to ride a scooter,   and like a scooter,  till you get moving it till just fall over to one side or the other.

Main problem you're going to have is finding a wheel rated for your weight.     Most max at 120kg.   I had a quick squiz and I didn't see any of the currently available wheels that are rated higher.     The Z10 was/is rated at 150kg and there will be some in Perth so there's a chance of getting a ride on one,   but these aren't really something most people can "have a quick go on" and achieve anything much positive.    The Z10's been around quite a while.    I don't know if they're still being made (probably not).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G’day guys. V11 owner down in Albany. Just checking in as we seem to be a rare bunch at the mo. 

I’ve been riding offroad for a little bit now and am getting the hang of it. Just started kerb hopping and trying some (very) little jumps. I gotta say I’ve become pretty obsessed with my V11 and try to ride it every day… or when life permits. 

Paul 🤘

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1x1_southcoast said:

G’day guys. V11 owner down in Albany. Just checking in as we seem to be a rare bunch at the mo. 

I’ve been riding offroad for a little bit now and am getting the hang of it. Just started kerb hopping and trying some (very) little jumps. I gotta say I’ve become pretty obsessed with my V11 and try to ride it every day… or when life permits. 

Paul 🤘

Plenty of V11 riders up here in Perth. I am heading down to Denmark next month for a long weekend. If I can fit in my V11,  I could come with you for a ride sometime. Come on up to Perth for a ride. We do group rides on Wednesday nights and often ad hoc rides on weekends.

Mark

• Like 1

7 hours ago, t0me said:

Life and the weather :-)   

Many good places to ride in Albany?   

Gonna be another wet week here in WA :-(

I ride offroad and there are plenty of short rides around. Apart from the Mundabiddi, I haven’t found any other long rides yet, but I’m still looking. 

We’re used to the rain down here, I just ride in it 😂

Out in the rain today in Two Peoples Bay Nature Reserve. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...