Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, Splinter said:

Hi, I am very interested in getting an EUC , what is it like riding in Perth in terms of legality, do you often have issues with police or other complaints?

Provided you ride in a socially acceptable way (ie. with respect for others around you), I would expect that the police have a lot more to worry about than "that weirdo on the one wheel thing".

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:18 AM, Booqueen said:

Hi guys! Am new to riding. Can still be wobbly but I’m enjoying the ride! Does anyone know if there’re ‘riding groups’ out there that one can join?

Wow... That's remote!

I'm sure with a bit of planning though a Perth ride could be arranged - if you're up for the round trip.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:18 PM, Booqueen said:

Hi guys! Am new to riding. Can still be wobbly but I’m enjoying the ride! Does anyone know if there’re ‘riding groups’ out there that one can join?

You know I’d join you again any day. And Jinni too. Plus you aren’t wobbly any more, you rock! Let’s organise a group ride when you are back from Kalgoorlie. Actually... how about if we all took the train to Kal to do an offroad-ish ride at Karlkurla National Park? Anyone interested?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Head to the walkways behind the Adonis centre (library) in Gosnells.   

Follow them south along the river.    When the footpath (or boardwalk depending which path you took to get there) ends...  keep going.  

Goes for a few km's till you find yourself under Ferris Rd bridge.    Goes up to the road from there so usually at that point I turn around and go back.

You can start at the Gosnells markets,   head down the path under the road bridge and follow the bicycle path south - from there the instructions are the same as above.

Best to go a day when there's not been rain for a few days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks t0me. I’ve just gotten a new MSX and my friend got the KS16X. Can’t wait to take them off road! (Stephen at E-riderz is a very good seller for Australians, by the way, if any Aussies here would like to know. V happy with the service, wheels and ship time.)

• Like 1

Anything's possible.     The real limiting factor is the riders ability to ride to the conditions and wheel.

Its loose terrain that is the most difficult.   Like sand.   You have to try and float rather than power through it (usually).

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s do a Perth group ride this Saturday 26th Oct evening! @Booqueenis back in Perth to join us and @t0me you are most welcomed to try my new MSX then :) . Hope you can come up for the ride, @The Skinny Unicyclist - and any one else in Perth is also welcomed! @Jinnistellar will be there too. Maybe we can do a bridges ride and end up at Gelare south Perth for a coffee/waffle after? What does everyone think?

Hi Guys,   I've got plans to go for a ride with a mate to Jarrahdale - Langford park this Saturday already.   Its a MTB trail park.   I'll be taking my wheel with me.   So offroad riding,  single track.   Not sure how the wheel will go,  likely there'll be lots of looser track it won't be able to do.   I'll be gearing up :-)

Anyone's welcome to join.     See how that MSX goes offroad :-)

Edited by t0me

On 10/23/2019 at 5:08 PM, t0me said:

Hi Guys,   I've got plans to go for a ride with a mate to Jarrahdale - Langford park this Saturday already.   Its a MTB trail park.   I'll be taking my wheel with me.   So offroad riding,  single track.   Not sure how the wheel will go,  likely there'll be lots of looser track it won't be able to do.   I'll be gearing up :-)

Anyone's welcome to join.     See how that MSX goes offroad :-)

Thanks tome, that sounds good, but we won’t join you this time as one of us is a new rider and hasn’t got a wider wheel. We’ve been taking the MSX and KS16X off road at John Forrest National Park, and man is it a blast! You should definitely get one.