Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

23 hours ago, AlanR said:

Thanks for the info, surprisingly search didn't reveal a few that I know of but 5 others, most of who only visited the site once!

The Mandurah "The Skinny Unicyclist" has visited the site since May last year to recently!

Hey... That's my sister!

No really, that is my sister... Now I just have to convince her to buy more wheels, so I can borrow them when I visit.

I'm thinking of a ride over the new 'Matagarup' [?] pedestrian bridge tomorrow [Thursday], anyone else interested?  I haven't looked over the new stadium as yet either.  I'm thinking of getting there around 10 am!

Yes training to Perth Station then along rail path to Claisebrook Cove over new bridge to coffee at Stadium "City View Cafe" if open. Google Maps has new stadium and Bridge already - impressed! Return along riverside to Eliz Quay I think!

Like land based,  wheely,  ships in the night,  we missed eachother.
I got there about 10am (yeah I know right,  amazed even myself),   and parked near Burswood,   followed the path over the bridge,  then up to Elizabeth quay (the cobbles aren't great on the wheel), over the narrows,  and back along the south perth foreshore.   I didn't clock the k's by the time I'd got back and gone over the bridge a couple more times but it was down to about 40% so I guess about 20k's total.     I was in the zone with my headphones on.   Was mint.      Tingly feet by the end even with the larger foot pedals but all good.   

Seems that was the best of the weather for the week too so good timing.   

Oh and I did a bit of a recce ride from my place to Kent st weir,   22k round trip if I don't muck about too much when I get there.  
There was some interesting wildlife at the end of Spencer rd (near Nicholson),   always been dodgy as that park,   but yeah,  slightly paunchy bloke with a full beard,  red lipstick - on the moustashe too,   high heels and fishnets...             Classy Langford,   very classy ? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 5:16 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hi Marcin, Tom, I will be o/s from Sunday to 20 Oct, so if you are planning anything in the improving weather, sorry I can't join until after I return!

Alan

• 2 months later...

Been out and about on the wheel last couple of days experimenting with my Gear 360 camera that just arrived.

Over 1000km's on my Inmotion V8 now.   Loving it,  particularly now as we got a dog a few months ago and turns out he needs a lot of running and loves coming for a run with the wheel.

Here's the local river run on the wheel and a mint obstacle course the council has made just for me I think :-)

Not sure if you have to go into youtube to see them in 360 properly or if it'll show in 360 while embedded,  still very new to this 360 malarky.

This should look better,  no longer 360,  was able to rip a section of video out using Collect (android app).   
So now I can use the 360 source and frame different bits for the output.    Mint.   

Small section of the river run:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

With Christmas & NY done and a great trip to Thailand early December; thought I'd check what's on this forum.

I like your videos t0me - is a 360 similar to a GoPro?   Since WindowsMovieMaker was discontinued in Windows 10 I haven't editted my GoPro movies.

Are you riding near Kent St weir  in the Canning river park?  I am too scared to take my 9bE off sealed roads for thorns!  But the trail looks interesting for a bike ride!

Let me know if you are planning a EUC ride.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,  sorry for the late reply.
Yes its a Gear 360 (Samsung).    I'm still getting the hang of it.
The trails I'm riding are a bit closer to my home in Gosnells.    There's a few,  nothing terribly serious,  just trails mainly used by dog walkers and short cuts between parts of bicycle paths.   
We've got a great network of path's here,  some of them lovely windy trails through tree's by the river.

I put a new tyre on -  Duro,  its higher pressure than stock so I presume thinner side walls,  and I didn't slime it this time and its been great so far.   
Considering how much riding I'm doing off paths I'm pretty chuffed that I haven't had many punctures yet,   just the 1 afaik.   Working out that with a bit of rubber as a spacer for the valve stem,  I can use normal $5 tubes from k-mart is excellent too.

Being semi-retired I ride during the day during the week,  most days when it isn't too stinky hot.     I'm off for a ride by the river with the dog shortly.   About time I took the 360 cam out again too.