Perth, Australia Group

AlanR

• 2 months later...

Hi Phil

On one of the forum members recommendations I bought a 'generic' - Dragonmen Hotwheels [as per my signature!] just to learn on before deciding on the right one for me.

It has been working well these last 5 weeks, had 3 falls; after first I bought wrist, knee and shin guards - highly recommend using them.  The wrist is still slightly sore.

Quite confident going forward but not in reverse!  I mostly ride on footpaths as I am now able to negotiate pedestrians OK.

Alan

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello WA!

Wondering if one of you would be able to help me... My sister (who lives in Perth) is visiting me at the moment. She has just tried my EUC, and has fallen in love with them. 

Do you know the rules that apply for riding in WA? And where she might be able to buy one in Australia (probably online)?

• Upvote 1

It's pretty much illegal in every state in Australia except Queensland. I am in Sydney and have ridden mine around no problems so far I haven't been stopped.

Euc's are expensive here a ninebot one e+ is like $1500 here. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hiya,   I'm in Gosnells WA,   figure you guys have all been through what I'm going through now looking at what's available,  where/how/how much etc...

Care to share any tips,  suppliers you found,  etc?

Cheers,

Tom

1 minute ago, t0me said:

Hiya,   I'm in Gosnells WA,   figure you guys have all been through what I'm going through now looking at what's available,  where/how/how much etc...

Care to share any tips,  suppliers you found,  etc?

Cheers,

Tom

The only Australian seller i know is @dalewalker 

https://www.facebook.com/thewheeldealaustralia/?pnref=lhc

https://www.facebook.com/dale.walker.18007

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting an inmotion v8,   bought from china supplier Yi Chen from their Aliexpress store Rockwheel.

Ordered and paid for (by CC) on 25/9 arrived 19/10.    Was well wrapped (tarp wrapped around a box wrapped around the retail box).

The seller sent me the serial number before shipping and I tested it with the manufacturer online and it came up as legit (I think that was on the inmotion website,  might have been via the app,  I didn't re-find that after initially doing it at the purchase time)

The seller used traceable postage.   Some independent (uncourier I think it was) from China and then Australia Post within Australia.    
It was in the country about 1 week before it got to me in WA.

So far,   haven't gotten very far learning to ride it.   Sore already but only 1 day in.

Can't change the bluetooth password as the app (pretty crap) only allows for passwords of 6 numbers long and the factory default is 7 0's... (gives invalid password error)
The app seems very limited.   When you try to adjust the speed,  gives a warning above 25 - but still won't change it past 26km/hr so something wrong there.

Default pedal position is 0.9,   I haven't experimented.   It shipped with the latest firmware (1.1.1009)

It came with a few scratches on the pedals but otherwise unmarked.   Within 2 attempts to balance on it I already had more scratches than that so I'm not fussed about it not arriving pristine.    It came for me with extra padding and a cover.   The cover is ok  but doesn't protect the front and rear balance points (trying to find a 3d printer to run off some guards for me - there's a design on thingiverse for them) and doesn't protect the pedals so adding padding there seems prudent.   
Bloody painful on the inside calves so far.   No idea what the pedal angle should be at so I've left it as default.  

No idea what the scv correction options are.    Thought there would be a remote lock system but only on off that I can see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Janice! Yay we have another for the group ride then :clap3:Jinni & I usually ride in the Perth metro area (eg. Kings Park, Burswood, Dalkeith, South Perth, Melville, Applecross to East Fremantle, etc). Would be great to have you along :). (Would definitely love to come down to Mandurah for a ride with you sometime also.) 

• Like 1

Hi Janice! Yah definitely would love to come down to your area for a ride too! I’m away at the moment but will be back in January. Munni and I would be excited to have you along the perth metro area too! Sunday 7th jan sounds good Munni ☺️

Edited by Jinnistellar
  • Like 1

Sorry for the late reply.   I haven't been getting any notifications.

I live in Gosnells but I'm happy to travel for a meetup.   A ride around the bridges in Perth or along the foreshore in Mandurah,   either sounds good.   I'm happy to show you the many delights of Gosnells but erm there arent a lot ;-)       
Jan 7 though I'll be away so I'll miss that date.    Back near the end January.   

I've got 170km's on the V8's odo so far.   Loads of scratches on the wheel and and few bruises on me,  but yeah,   I'm starting to get the hang of it somewhat.  

I went out for a ride today (I am lucky enough to often get the time during the day during the week) and found myself passing a skatepark....  predictably I had to have a bit of a go.    Goes alright around bowls,  pretty good fun swooping around...   Snapped the lanyard rope I was using on it when we parted company on one fall.     I'll call the bruises and new scratches the price of the ticket cos it was good fun.   See if I feel the same way in the morning. 

• Like 1

Hard core idiot more like it ;-)  

If I look like I'm about to do something stupid,  feel free to point out the possible dangers.

Who's around and about for a ride in the next couple of weeks?