Kingsong 14D speed issue

Nick R

I read a while back that there was speed issue with the 14D where it knocked you down to 12 mph once battery hits 50%
Has this been fixed with the firmware ? Can someone with 14D confirm ? 

With the 14D battery being only 420WH ... I'm concerned that if I buy it, I'm not going to be able to ride it @its top speed for at least 2-3 hours before it turns into a ninebot ..  
Especially if I am gonna only charge the battery up to 80%

On 13.10.2017 at 3:10 PM, Nick R said:

I read a while back that there was speed issue with the 14D where it knocked you down to 12 mph once battery hits 50%
Has this been fixed with the firmware ? Can someone with 14D confirm ? 

As it seems with firmware 1.05 speed reduction starts gradually at 50% to reach 12mph near 0%:

With the 14D battery being only 420WH ... I'm concerned that if I buy it, I'm not going to be able to ride it @its top speed for at least 2-3 hours before it turns into a ninebot ..  
Especially if I am gonna only charge the battery up to 80%

Imho no 420Wh wheel could make you happy.

average consumption of wheels is (as far as i remeber) between 10-12 Wh/km for slow and easy driving to somewhere above 15-17Wh/km for max speed cruising/inclines/...

so just 80% charge of the 420Wh pack leaves you with 336Wh. This give you ~22km range at 15Wh/km and by this about 1h riding time at some average speed of 20km/h. (Or accordingly less time the nearer you get with you average speed to max speed).

and this leaves you just 336-420*50%=126Wh at unrestricted speed...

so your choice should be at least something like the ks14s with a 680Wh pack and speed restriction starting at 31,25%

Edit:ps: the 15-17 Wh/km are maybe the lower range for ambitious driving: 

On 10/17/2017 at 2:14 AM, Chriull said:

Imho no 420Wh wheel could make you happy.

average consumption of wheels is (as far as i remeber) between 10-12 Wh/km for slow and easy driving to somewhere above 15-17Wh/km for max speed cruising/inclines/...

so just 80% charge of the 420Wh pack leaves you with 336Wh. This give you ~22km range at 15Wh/km and by this about 1h riding time at some average speed of 20km/h. (Or accordingly less time the nearer you get with you average speed to max speed).

and this leaves you just 336-420*50%=126Wh at unrestricted speed...

so your choice should be at least something like the ks14s with a 680Wh pack and speed restriction starting at 31,25%

Yes.. that's what I figured.
But a lot of InMotion V8 owners loved their wheels (480WH) before bigger battery came along. 

8 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Yes.. that's what I figured.
But a lot of InMotion V8 owners loved their wheels (480WH) before bigger battery came along. 

What do you mean by:

Before bigger battery cam along?

There have been wheels with bigger batterys on the market way before the V8.

The V8 is rocksolid, reliable and good quality...you just have to decide if the battery is big enough for you....

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

What do you mean by:

Before bigger battery cam along?

There have been wheels with bigger batterys on the market way before the V8.

The V8 is rocksolid, reliable and good quality...you just have to decide if the battery is big enough for you....

V8 was what I was looking to buy initially on Ewheels.. until Jason said they've discontinued and will rebrand it to Solowheels Glide 3 with increased price and smaller battery than the Kingsong 16S ...  I got the 16S instead.. and now 2 weeks later.. 18S which I am loving even more. 

1 minute ago, Nick R said:

V8 was what I was looking to buy initially on Ewheels.. until Jason said they've discontinued and will rebrand it to Solowheels Glide 3 with increased price and smaller battery than the Kingsong 16S ...  I got the 16S instead.. and now 2 weeks later.. 18S which I am loving even more. 

i would say, you made the right choices:-)

Archived