ESK8Uk london group asking euc riders to join .

Luiz

This guys have some awesome night rides videos in london on you tube . They have a meeting in the olimpic park on this saturday 14th at 14:00 

I joined the facebook group and will be there to meet the guys . Let me know if anyone else want to join .

Had an amazing afternoon ride on the olimpic park with the esk8uk goup . They were very impressed by the speed of the acm . There will be e night ride in London next saturday.

Massive thanks for the esk8uk group .

Hi Luiz

I understand that there is also a night ride is on the 27th (Friday week) meeting on the soutbank close to waterloo station. Im hoping to get to it as are a few of the London EUC group. 

Not sure if i can get to the one this Saturday or the London EUC group ride on Sunday. Hopefully i can get to one or the other. 

They are a good fun bunch, despite weaving through the traffic on Oxford Street and elsewhere. They have also tempted @Luiz to the dark side :D (he's ordered himself an electric skateboard).... can't wait to see if he can ride both at the same time ...

One must understand all aspects of the force in order to achive a broder knowlege jedi  :ph34r:.

They acctualy asked me to invite you to join the dark side aswell on facebook.:clap3:

And i believe the invitation is open to all euc riders that want to join the crew.

I have not started to ride the e-board yet but i will keep you updated of the progress.:thumbup:  . Riding e-boards is awesone and it will defnetly be a big challenge for me .

The goup is amazing and they were really impressed with the performance of the acm and msuper. I hope i can bring some of them to the light side aswell.?

On 10/25/2017 at 5:07 PM, Luiz said:

LOL ?. Are you going tomorrow Stuart ?

Had my first practice ride with the e-board yesterday . Loved it , but will be riding in slow mode for a long time .

Dont break your leg!!

Ill be there tomorrow, working in south london tomorrow afternoon so will be at the southbank / waterloo bridge at about 6.30 or 6.45. Can you message me your phone no?

• 3 weeks later...

Had a fun ride with the Eskate group, starting at Vauxhall, down to battersea park and then up to Hyde Park. I left them warming up in the cafe at Hyde Park as my battery was dying. Got back to waterloo on the last gasp. Blundered into an army marching band and veterans parade just opposite Horseguards - wondered why no one was on the road :)

Some of those boards go really fast and outrange my V8 by some margin. 

38 minutes ago, nute said:

Had a fun ride with the Eskate group, starting at Vauxhall, down to battersea park and then up to Hyde Park. I left them warming up in the cafe at Hyde Park as my battery was dying. Got back to waterloo on the last gasp. Blundered into an army marching band and veterans parade just opposite Horseguards - wondered why no one was on the road :)

Some of those boards go really fast and outrange my V8 by some margin. 

I met some of them when I was riding my v5f+ in the park the other day. We did a circuit around the park. Nice people. The speed of the boards was very impressive. The thing that was a dealbreaker for me was the remote controls as well as how generally unwieldly they are (i.e. no way to easily mount/dismount pavements etc and those tiny wheels aren't versatile for rough roads/offroad). Portability/carrying is also an obvious issue.

The range of the ones I saw wasn't nearly as good as my wheel but still they seemed like a lot of fun once you master them. ?

Yeah, that got me too, they arnt manoeuvrable enough to take really sharp turns to get up and down dropped kerbs on corners etc but on open tarmac they look like great fun. With the limited manoeuvrability on pavements, unless there is a cycle lane, they do tend to stick to the roads and weaving in and out of the traffic makes me nervous. 

I got the train into waterloo and went up and down the embankment a bit before heading over to Vauxhall tube to meet them so i wasn't starting with a full battery - and it was frigging cold- but by the time we'd been to Battersea Park and gone around that a few times and then around London to Hyde Park i was on 40% or so and most of them had way more than me left. If they run flat they just stop, their boards don't try to kill them by cutting out. I had just enough left to roll very carefully onto the platform at Waterloo.

Its the second time i have been out with them, really was fun and they are a great bunch. 

Nice description of diferences between eboards and eucs nute  and paddylaz. Both are great fun and both have pros and cons as comutig devices but in my case i just use them for fun and i am having the best time of my life . I enjoy the unmached agility , portability and versatility of eucs and the endless carving on the road with the eboard is just awessome if you enjoy board sports. Both are amazing and adctive devices.

Sound like you had a great time on sunday  nute . I wish i could have  been there but my wife had some urgent homework for me on sunday .

The group rides are awessome but i wonder how long it will take for car drivers and people in general to start complainng about growing numbers of euc and eboards riding on the very busy streets and potential accident risks (we know that we all enjoy the adrenalin) . Bare in mind that this kind of group rides are happening all over the world in big cities like New York , Paris , Melbourne , LA . Is this a world trend ? 

There is already 300 people on the esk8 uk facebook group and growing fast .

Archived