What about firewheel?

dmpatanis

28 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

I see the firewheel f260 what you say?

Iam a new in euc and i want it for my transport in office 15km per day.Thanks.

Firewheel f260 is imho an „old“ wheel. Very much developed on the market since then.

and 260wh battery could easily be not enough for 15 km, depending on your weight and inclines.

imho @esaj had/has a firewheel - maybe he could give you some advice?

1 hour ago, dmpatanis said:

I have tried the firewheel on one of our group rides...Do yourself a favor, and get a „next generation“ wheel.

It is -in comparison to nowadays wheels- very slopy, weak and not worth much money. Modern wheels are just so much better!

Also 260wh is not enough for a 15km commute, at least not without charging it again at work.

2 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

What do you suggest me at 500euro?

Some used new generation wheel? Is there a market for second hand euc‘sin greece?

2 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

I am living in flat area and i am 90kilos.

Then one it fould be just ik for one direction.

also if i remember right from @esajs reports firewheel has no tiltback (as it can be turned of with gotways?), so you have to be carefull to hear and follow the alarm beeps, so you don‘t overlean and faceplant by reaching the max speed for the actual load of the wheel.

13 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

I am living in flat area and i am 90kilos.

Thanks.

The airwheel X8?

help...NO!

Dont just think about an airwheel...

For that money MYSELF i would go for a Gotway MCM3 V2, that is known as reliable, fast and good starter wheel:

https://www.electro-sport.de/epages/78292882.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78292882/Products/"Gotway MCM3 V2"

or like @Chriull said...look out for a nice used one!

4 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Thats the generation before firewheel... :ph34r:

Hahaha, yip, exactly.....i berated one of my colleagues for about a month long....and always stated:

never,ever buy a airwheel!

And whats the end of the story? he bought a Xsomething on ebay with double wheels :blink1::facepalm: because he „saved 100bucks“...and after just some hours recognized that i was right and that this is totally garbage and has nothing to do with the riding he knows from seeing me....

Now he i sitting on a garbage wheel that nobody wants to buy and still is not in the EUC riding communit:crying:

10 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

Where i can find a used one?except from here?

Not so much chances...as the problem is allways sending..so you must find a seller in europe, on the landway....

You dont like the MCM3/4? its a perfect starter wheel...

look for the youtube channel „great850“...its electro-sport...having reviews of all his wheels!

11 hours ago, dmpatanis said:

If you're light enough to get 15km with the 264Wh battery, the F260 could be enough, but you'd have to charge it at the office. On a full battery I could get 20-25km with it, depending on riding conditions and style, but I'm lightweight and that's still not enough for 30km roundtrip.

Personally I liked the FW, but the lack of warnings (only audio, that's easily missed with wind in your ears) and the wheel shutting down at high speed (28+km/h), I can't really recommend it. Mine had some sort of BMS-to-mainboard -communication, and it didn't shutdown with a shunted battery above 30km/h, but a shunted pack can be quite a big fire hazard  ;)  Later mainboard models no longer had the wiring, don't know if those shut down at higher speeds.

Mine's broken down (fried the mainboard, at first I hoped it was just the step-down power stage but the entire MPU's gone) and I haven't been planning to try to fix it anymore, but it broke down during battery replacement, not during riding. The shells are a pain to work with, the entire shells have to be taken apart to get access to anything, and the worst part is trying to get them closed again without pinching any wires or something rubbing against the tire. Most modern wheels are so much better in that, with separate inner and outer shells.

@dmethvin's been riding his for a couple of years, he also had one fried board before, but has used the current one for thousands of kilometers without issues, I think.

Against Airwheel (any model), Firewheel wins hands down in my books. If you can get something like a newer KS or Gotway for the same money, then it's a different matter. Likely you'll want at least 400Wh or more if you can't charge at your office.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:43 PM, dmpatanis said:

Found this on the wheelgo.com site.  But top speed is only 18kmh, and the battery is only 260wh.  It's an older design, but IPS wheels seem to be pretty good quality, from what people say on the forum.  

For the same money, the Gotway has a bigger battery and is much faster.

https://www.wheelgo.com/product/ips132-white/

https://store.urban360.com/produit/urban-mcm4/

Archived