Kingsong pedal extensions

Nick R

Is there anything out there to extend pedals to make it wider ? 
With the width of the Kingsong 18S .. My legs ride a little bowed. 
If there are ways to make the pedals wider.. this may help my posture so I wont have to ride with my knees bent more than usual. 
Prolong ride in this position hurts my back.  

Thoughts ? 

17 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Is there anything out there to extend pedals to make it wider ? 
With the width of the Kingsong 18S .. My legs ride a little bowed. 
If there are ways to make the pedals wider.. this may help my posture so I wont have to ride with my knees bent more than usual. 
Prolong ride in this position hurts my back.  

Thoughts ? 

Are you a relatively new rider of EUC's?

I ask because normally you get used to the 18S Shell after a small time. (As experienced rider)

I have my feet Standing on the very outside of the 18S pedals. With this footstand i am not touching the upper case anymore, the case can move between my legs when i am for example leaning Forward or backward and it is still comfortable. But i know from other 18S Starters they Need a certain amount of time to get used to it.

So i would just say take your time.

I dont know any pedal extensions, the pedals on the S series are wider and longer than other brands and quite comfortable.

I rode the 16S for about 3 weeks and had to get another wheel since my wife can no longer catch up with me on her 9BOT

And yes.. I found that I had to place my feet half way off the pedal.. ie .. outer half of the length of my shoes not on the pedal if I were to maintain a posture where my knees dont push against the pads so much. But this felt very dangerous. 

Another stance is.. move my legs more towards the front so the knees rest off the front of the wheel rather than against the pads.
This of course make my posture really aggressive since I am somewhat leaning fwd ...

4 minutes ago, Nick R said:

How are those plates mounted to the pedals ?  

With the screws you found under the original sand paper...loók closely, there are 4 black screws on the right pedal!

Just now, Nick R said:

I guess I can go to home depot and get 2 pieces of aluminum sheet cut and try to bolt them to the pedals. 
Hmm... 

Most definitely you should! While you're at it, you might want to try a little shock absorbing in between. Get M4 x 16mm countersunk screws, and a pair of gel insoles to cut slices in two layers at the very front and back of the pedals. Adds comfort and reduces knee pain and foot fatigue.

1 minute ago, Nick R said:

How are those plates mounted to the pedals ?  

The original pedals have a black plastic top screwed down to the base. I replaced the plastic part with a larger aluminium plate and screwed it to the same holes. I now have the shock absorbers also.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Most definitely you should! While you're at it, you might want to try a little shock absorbing in between. Get M4 x 16mm countersunk screws, and a pair of gel insoles to cut slices in two layers at the very front and back of the pedals. Adds comfort and reduces knee pain and foot fatigue.

The original pedals have a black plastic top screwed down to the base. I replaced the plastic part with a larger aluminium plate and screwed it to the same holes. I now have the shock absorbers also.

What was your reason for the mod ?  Same ? not enough room to stand + ride comfortably .. ? 

9 minutes ago, Nick R said:

What was your reason for the mod ?  Same ? not enough room to stand + ride comfortably .. ? 

Yes. I have an EU 46 shoe, and I needed to maximize comfort since my feet and legs gets pains easily. 

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I see the black plastic.. But I dont see the screws.. I guess they are under the grip tape ? So I have to rip off the grip tape to get to the screws to unmount the black plastic ? 
Replace the black plastic with my aluminum plates and screw them back in.. Then get new grip tape to cover up the screws ... Sounds about right ? 

Where did you get your aluminum sheet cut ? I know Home Depot can cut metals for you but not sure if they would help you cut aluminum sheet to the shape you want. 

11 minutes ago, Nick R said:

I see the black plastic.. But I dont see the screws.. I guess they are under the grip tape ? So I have to rip off the grip tape to get to the screws to unmount the black plastic ? 
Replace the black plastic with my aluminum plates and screw them back in.. Then get new grip tape to cover up the screws ... Sounds about right ? 

Yes, exactly.

11 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Where did you get your aluminum sheet cut ? I know Home Depot can cut metals for you but not sure if they would help you cut aluminum sheet to the shape you want. 

Aluminium is a soft metal, I bought a suitable blade and cut it myself with a jig saw.

Archived