Jump to content

Battery question


Dancer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a 820 Wh ACM and I would like to buy a 1600 Wh Monster . Can I use the cells of my ACM to upgrade the Monster to 2400 Wh even though the  cells have ~300 cycles (14000 km) on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I have a 820 Wh ACM and I would like to buy a 1600 Wh Monster . Can I use the cells of my ACM to upgrade the Monster to 2400 Wh even though the  cells have ~300 cycles (14000 km) on them.

Nope!

At least not easy...Your packs are 67 Volt from 16S4P....What you would Need is 84 Volt from 20S3p.

You would have to buy another BMS and soldier the cells new ....it is not worth the Trouble, especially not when they have 300cycles.

Also i personnaly would not use 300cycle old cells together with new ones...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nope!

At least not easy...Your packs are 67 Volt from 16S4P....What you would Need is 84 Volt from 20S3p.

You would have to buy another BMS and soldier the cells new ....it is not worth the Trouble, especially not when they have 300cycles.

Also i personnaly would not use 300cycle old cells together with new ones...

I still get the same mileage out of my ACM. I would have the rebuild done by a professional. Just wanted to save on the cost of the cells.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I would have the rebuild done by a professional. Just wanted to save on the cost of the cells.

If money is no concern, you can ask Cris from 1radwerkstatt.de (1radwerkstatt@gmx.de).

But it's probably cheaper to buy the 2400 Wh Monster than the 1600 one plus a custom battery build.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I still get the same mileage out of my ACM. I would have the rebuild done by a professional. Just wanted to save on the cost of the cells.

 

Then you can do it...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dancer said:

I have a 820 Wh ACM and I would like to buy a 1600 Wh Monster . Can I use the cells of my ACM to upgrade the Monster to 2400 Wh even though the  cells have ~300 cycles (14000 km) on them.

No. The 820wh ACM is only 64v whereas the Monster is 84v. You cannot mix the batteries or i would have done it when my ACM died.

IF you can stretch to a 2400wh Monster then go for it otherwise what do you want the Monster for? a 1600wh MSuper V3 would possibly get better mileage than a 1600wh Monster due to the weight.

I damaged 2 of the batteries on my Monster & , with the rediculous price Gotway ask (it would be more expensive buying three batteries separate than buying the 2400wh Monster all in one), I could only replace 1 of them. Now I only get a little bit more mileage than I did on my 820wh ACM! Not worth the money. I wish I'd gone for the MSuper V3 now - especially as there are mud guards available for it. My Monster sprays at just the thought of wet/rain.

Edited by TremF
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TremF said:

I wish I'd gone for the MSuper V3 now - especially as there are mud guards available for it. My Monster sprays at just the thought of wet/rain.

@Tilmann is working on a printable mudguard for the Monster now that he has one (he did the same for his ms3), so maybe you can get one of these. Or just build your own one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...