My V8 just died

mezzanine

Despite my deep desire that the problem spontaneously resolve itself, reality isn't conforming to those wishes.  I did a check a few minutes ago just to confirm I'm continuing my good streak of problem-free behaviour, but got an unresponsive button for about 10 seconds before turning on/off regularly again.  I'm revising my hypothesis about the cause to be more likely to firmware like you all. 

I also have to get the app figured out now as re-setting it has knocked the speed limit back down to 25km/h and I find it intolerable. 

I do occasionally find that if I press the button too quickly the wheel powers off almost as soon as it powers on (but it does power on and start playing the startup sound). I guessed this was to prevent accidental power on (requires more then just a very brief press). Being mindful of this I press and hold for just more than a fraction of a second and through doing this it powers up every time. I don't think this is a fault with my wheel but figured I'd mention it to aid you in your troubleshooting. I also continue to feel your issue is board related given the lack of charging indicator/bluetooth when the charger was hooked up.

• 5 months later...

My brand new V8 has developed the same problem. It occasionally wouldn't turn on immediately but was ok after a minute, today it cut out at 80% battery then turned on again after ten minutes then going home crashed it after which it wouldn't turn on at all. It's now making an intermittent click/blip sound through the speaker hole. Charger lights aren't coming on and there is a single green light glowing on the motherboard, I also did reset via battery terminal. I also havent used the app yet as my phone is old and doesn't upgrade for another week. I've tried all the switch and cut out handle combos and the wheel is turning freely and handle seems ok. It seems to be electrical given the clicking noise and i dont know whether i should disconnect the battery until i get the diagnostic on the app running or until i get it looked at. thanks

To my knowledge there isn't actually a reset button under the charger flap despite being labeled as such. AFAIK to reset the wheel requires disconnection of the battery connector.

That said, if this is new you should contact the seller immediately for replacement or repair. Shouldn't be your problem to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Sophia said:

Thanks. I got it going with a second battery reset attempt. Hope it doesn't keep crashing. I also pulled the rubber cap out of the charge port to see what the reset was about! Next job.

Glad you got it operational again, and I but ride with extreme caution for a while. Your issue was unusual and may reoccur. 

Archived