Jump to content
Shad0z

we maybe got a step closer at the speed limit hack

Recommended Posts

so i was looking at a post of some guys from IO or something hacking a ninebot mini pro and showing off some vulnerabilities and hacking the firmware and shutting down the motors with the app but the interesting part is they hacked the firmware i dont know much about it but here is a link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2017/07/19/segway-hoverboard-hacked-in-20-seconds/#7477e5eb113f

 

Edited by Shad0z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I had seen this, they used the method of Denniss and Alexander. These are two methods that have allowed a firmware downgrade to bypass the address of the update server to a server hosting the old firmware named with a higher version to cause the application to believe that a new firmware version was to be updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Hi

I had seen this, they used the method of Denniss and Alexander. These are two methods that have allowed a firmware downgrade to bypass the address of the update server to a server hosting the old firmware named with a higher version to cause the application to believe that a new firmware version was to be updated

i will see what i can do i have some freinds who have some freinds who know some freinds who can do some hacking and coding i will try to get contact i will post about it if i find out something ;)

Edited by Shad0z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone tried Darknessbot? The newest version let me set my max speed on my Kingsong at 35 km, but it should only allow 30 on the 14c. I'll give it a go with the mini tonight and see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Anyone tried Darknessbot? The newest version let me set my max speed on my Kingsong at 35 km, but it should only allow 30 on the 14c. I'll give it a go with the mini tonight and see what happens. 

Haha, no that’s not how it works on the ninebot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clifmeister said:

Hilarious!

Hilarious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i found this video online someone  tearing apart the logic board on the mini pro and he mentioned "the speed controller"  look near the end of the video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says it is just an optical sensor that counts the wheel turns.

It may be used to control almost everything, no only the max speed, but the speed in each moment, the distance, etc, so I don't know what will happen if you remove them.

the most probable thing is that ninebot stops working (it should do, I presume)

 

Edited by capdcanoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, capdcanoa said:

It says it is just an optical sensor that counts the wheel turns.

It may be used to control almost everything, no only the max speed, but the speed in each moment, the distance, etc, so I don't know what will happen if you remove them.

the most probable thing is that ninebot stops working (it should do, I presume)

 

it will stop working and i would not reccomend it i am trying to get a hold of some professional programmers and hackers to help me if i pay them wish me luck ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...