August 11, 2015 - New Ninebot One Update!!??!!

dpong

I received a notification in the Ninebot App that there is an update.   I just ran in from the heavy rain and my Ninebot One E+ is temporarily trapped in the car, so I can not check into this update nor its version number right now.  

So I'm starting this new thread to discuss.  When we find out what it is supposed to do, we can share information here.  If anyone has tried it, share experience here?  :)

IMG_5502.jpg

OK, I retrieved 'the beast' from the car.  My firmware is version: V1.2.2.   And the Ninedroid app is definitely signaling that there is an update available.  You first.  ;)

Got a better excuse to let others try first: my NB1 is on loan with a colleague to fuel his excitement to join the club...:D

Have him perform the update and report back.  LOL. 

The update is for the app, not the firmware euc.

Rotator is correct!  Updating the app right now.  Hope it does good stuff and not bad stuff. 

After the update, the app says: Ninedroid Version: v2.1.5.

Whew.  

iTunes has release  notes on the update:

2.1.5 - Aug 11, 2015

1. Modify the bug of One's cycling body feeling.

[Perhaps they fixed the problem where you choose riding modes and it doesn't stick? I certainly had that problem. ]

My update is 1.2.2 for Android. It states the update is for on and off for the lights. 

Andfor your problem for riding mode when you select your mode turn off the EU and turn it back on to save it. 

My ride mode changes seem to stick now with 2.1.5 on an Iphone 6.

The only other difference I've seen is under settings-other, there is a toggle with some chinese? word(s) that I don't understand.

I tried it but does not stick and nothing apparent changes.

see attached picture.

Is it a language switch? Anyone able to translate?

image.png

The chinese states:"Vehicle light power switch"

Thanks!

Doesn't seem to do anything with the One as far as my testing. (Batterylevel lights on at boot-up, brake and lightmodes work as normal, regardless of switch on that page)

Must be for the two-wheelers I reckon?

Update: Tried a few more times and after a couple of powercycles I managed to make the toggle stick (seems they fixed the ride modes but introduced the bug here :) )

The switch do turn off all lights, even the battery meter at boot and standstill.

I just got a new ninebot one e+ and in the app where it says detail and battery % it says 0% and never gives me the reading beside the battery bars on the home screen. Even with the app update it still didn't fix it. Anyone have the same problem or solution? I already tried uninstalling and installing. 

Archived