Dangerous App Modifications

4 minutes ago, Mono said:

True, though it is promoted in this forum by forum members. And one could argue that a forum isn't in the end any more than the posts of its members, in which case it wouldn't be too far off to say promoted by this forum.

Yes, sure, and with this argument it would mean „the forum“ has the same standpoints than Yours (or mine) Or every other post that is mentioned here.....which is nonsense!

Nope. Thats not how a forum works!

Things can be discussed here, and thats far from „promoting“ anything! Where are the boarders? An App that sets up the speed of an V8 5 kmh higher when on 100%? Or a Wheel thats it is marketed by its producer with 70kmh ? I am pretty sure the last one is much more dangerous! But none of that will be „forbidden by forum rules“

On 11.10.2017 at 12:17 AM, Mono said:

I would like to propose that it should be against the forum rules to promote or distribute apps that increase the maximal speed of a wheel without approval of the manufacturer. There is no doubt that someone will die because of such functionality in future and this future is the closer the more promotion is made. This is about choice. It is about choosing to prevent people from involuntarily choosing to die.

On 11.10.2017 at 12:48 PM, Asylsteirer said:

... A wheel must come with a decent description of the dangers and do's and dont's at riding it, with a short explanation, why.

Then it is everybodies self responsibility to use it. 

On 11.10.2017 at 5:15 PM, Asylsteirer said:

.... . Think twice means to take possible consequences into consideration, and then make a decision.  If decision is made like that, then also accept the possible consequences afterwards.  This way one can learn from mistakes, or possibly die if severly mistaken.

I'd also see "our" responsibility in "educating" the EUC drivers - giving them a chance to understand whats happening why, so they can take their personal decision.

Also the user manuals provided (and homepages) by the EUC manufacturers should be the first instance to explain the mechanics and limits/dangers of EUC riding!

Many EUC Riders come here first time after they already had an accident/incident.

Some nice, easy to understand, pedagogic valuable, explanatory article about overlean (torque speed relation), overvoltage cutout while regenerative braking, etc as a sticky first fat topic in the general forum would be nice. Imho that's quite about all that should and could be done here? I am no friend of too much restrictions by the forum rules - once one starts, where to end? After the dangerous apps EUC's without or with deactivatable tilt-back/alarms are next? Then each EUC which drives faster than 15-20km/h? ...

Such an article could also be linked/copied by resellers ( @Jason McNeil? what do you think - that should not really be bad for the business? At least not in the long run!) and could be presented to the manufacturers to be put it into their manuals.

Unfortionately i'm not really able to provide light & easy understandable explanatory topics...

On 11.10.2017 at 8:42 PM, KingSong69 said:

It is not „promoted“ by this Forum! 

No. But partially distributed and this forum provides a platform for "promotion"/distribution.

Since already US lawyers were mentioned - i do not have any idea about the legal situation, but sincerely hope that this could not inflict any responsibility for @John Eucist or any US Moderator.

ok, I understand some of the concerns.  But in no way would I hinder people to promote or distribute wheel related apps here on the forum, because I see that as a definitive value add of this forum !

Here people shared ways how to reload older firmware on their (from the manufacturer) destroyed Ninebot MiniPros, and here a fantastic app like wheellog is shared, which I'm using instead of the manufacturer app, because the latter just  lacks functionality I like.

BTW, meanwhile I tested the wheellog  maxspeed setting of the KS16 several times again, and I believe meanwhile, that the app cannot change it above 30 km/h, becaue the wheel firmware seems to restrict that.

When I thought at my very first test that it works, I assume I only pushed the wheel so hard that it went to 35 something km/h.

Archived