Vancouver & Lausanne

Daan

Hi all -- hope this is the correct forum...

I will be in Vancouver the first week of September, and in Lausanne (Switzerland)  september 8 to 11. If anyone wants to meet up with their wheel that would be fun B)

I'm in Canada, but 4 684 km away...

Hmm, with a Kingsong 800 you could perhaps do 50km per day, so that would be about... 93 days B)  Darn, not fast enough for September 1st.

(I guess you saw the post about the Gotway 5000km trip: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/394-gw-18-5000km-trip/  -- that is quite something; today I commuted 19km on my eWheel and I get sleepy/tingly feet after about 5km already! :huh:)

Lausanne is 1.5 hrs by train from where I work.  I could probably swing a free evening if you wanted to meet up, except on Sept 10 as I'm already booked that day.  I have a friend with an electric skateboard from there who I'll bet I could get to take us on a decent route.  Lausanne has a lot of hills though...

its 2.5 hours by car for me to lausanne, so it would be very little time to spend together for a 5 hr drive just to meet one evening. I guess you are busy yourself during the day, so me taking an afternoon off would not help much. I am also a car nut, so driving would not be the issue, but if I leave at 5pm here, I'd be in Lausanne 7.30 and have to leave 2hours later again to be back at midnight.

But I live 15 minutes from the Airport in Zurich, depending when you land or how much time you have before departure, we could meet there for a quick ride or just for a coffee?

• 4 weeks later...

watch out, this guy @Daan is nuts.. NUTS I say!!! :lol: Doesnt eat french fries, orders "less" dressing for his salad and rides a 18" rolls royce of a EUC, on one leg! B)

The other guy @EDL is even worse! :P It started all with a nice confusion, we met up in Lausanne at the lakeside, there I roll on my wheel towards the meeting point and see a guy on a Unicycle holding on to another guy trying to balance. Cool stuff, those are the guys I am supposed to meet, but wait.. why cant he ride it yet... I approach and start to talk english and get a broad american accent back. Cool that must be Daan then. So I ask if EDL arrived yet. He said he is EDL, Daan's not here yet. :blink: Wait.. EDL is supposed to be the swiss guy and Daan the one from the States... Turns out Daan is a Dutch guy living in the states and EDL is from the States but living in Switzerland and the third guy is a coworker of EDL that brought his boosted longboard for a quick visit. The world's a village, right?

Are those your pedals flapping or are you just happy to see me?
38JFyFLbWcSUOdZfUbj1UrjYKTh2VWsaZtTl-udq

I made some videos on my cellphone but they came out blurry. So we took out the drone! ^_^

We had great fun riding, flying, filming and talking to people that were brave enough to approach and ask what the heck this wheel is and how it works. And obviously the drone was as attractive for people to watch and even take pictures of!
We rounded up the evening by going for dinner at a close restaurant and too soon it was time for us to take the long trip home. EDL and myself got home at one in the morning eventually. But it was worth every minute!

I said it already but yet again, it was great meeting you guys! :lol: Till next time!

Archived