New KingSong App for iOS... DO NOT UPDATE!

mrelwood

10 hours ago, abinder3 said:

They would have to replace the current one in the iTunes Store with the previous version. 

Well, if you are one of those people that connect your phone to Your Mac to update, you can roll an app back using time machine. However, for those of us that do over the air updating, I think you are correct. I do not see any other way. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is strange/surprising. The new KingSong iOS app shows in my update list as having a new update from yesterday, but when tapped (the app, not "update") it tells me the app is no longer available in the Finnish Store.

Searching for "kingsong" doesn't find the new or the old app. Finnish iOS users are now officially appless. Luckily I still have the old app installed.

How is the current app availability in other countries?

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

This is strange/surprising. The new KingSong iOS app shows in my update list as having a new update from yesterday, but when tapped (the app, not "update") it tells me the app is no longer available in the Finnish Store.

Searching for "kingsong" doesn't find the new or the old app. Finnish iOS users are now officially appless. Luckily I still have the old app installed.

How is the current app availability in other countries?

Here in America it is the same. It is because they released an update before it was ready, so they pulled it from the store. I’m sure it will be back after they get it worthy of the kingsong name. 

1 hour ago, GoinPostal said:

Here in America it is the same. It is because they released an update before it was ready, so they pulled it from the store. I’m sure it will be back after they get it worthy of the kingsong name. 

Right. New one is in the process of updating... To go on the usage of APP, the previous one would be OK to be download within 3 workdays. For those riders, who need App but not installed before.

With a KS-16S, I went through the same issue, unable to edit the code ID entry field... this was apparently with the IOS new app. (I didn't know the previous version). Nevertheless, an update occurred, or rollback update, that changed the app into a "green layout" app which worked perfectly to unlock the speed limit and reset speed alert.

This IOS app presents a KS firmware version 1.2, and not above, like a 1.4. Are you experiencing the same ?

regards

4 hours ago, Geoffroy said:

With a KS-16S, I went through the same issue, unable to edit the code ID entry field... this was apparently with the IOS new app. (I didn't know the previous version). Nevertheless, an update occurred, or rollback update, that changed the app into a "green layout" app which worked perfectly to unlock the speed limit and reset speed alert.

This IOS app presents a KS firmware version 1.2, and not above, like a 1.4. Are you experiencing the same ?

regards

Yea.  

The KingSong app that’s in the US iOS App Store looks exactly like the version that was being used before their ‘upgraded’ version.  

I even purposely deleted the app from my phone to see what would download.  Yea.  It appears to look like the ‘older’ version.  Doesn’t even look like the version they have photos of in the app’s description. 

Yes, the version 1.4 is the good old green app I’ve been using. I read that the KS firmwares can’t be upgraded with the green app anymore, they just won’t appear.

Hopefully they get their app together for a proper launch.

Archived