First wheel for commuting e+, s2, v5f

Kunta88

15 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

I feel you mistake ride hardness for strength, and are unable to adept to a softer responding wheel. After a bit of getting used to the Lhotz might be soft, but it is in no way as weak as you make it sound. Just because it doesn't provide the hard feeling you require to feel safe doesn't mean you really are close to the limits of the wheel. What I actually like about the soft feeling of the Lhotz is, that by it's softness is able to tell you quite exactly how far you can lean in without overpowering it. This of course requires some driving experience with that particular wheel. You should try a Firewheel, just to get to know how a really soft and mushy wheel fells like.

That are your assumptions i would say...

My first and long time wheel was a Ks14c, which is soft, and in our whats app ride group is a firewheel owner, so i allready drove that too.

Main point is that the Lhotz -in comparison to newer wheels- feels soft and weak and that a recommendation for a Lhotz -with todays available much better wheels- just comes much to late. Same as nobody would recommend a Iphone 3S or Galaxy S3 anymore...

15 hours ago, Kunta88 said:

Is the 680 battery for the ks16b.

the v8 850€ new, and the ks 799 with 900km and 1 year warranty. Is the best i could find...

I think these are both good offers, provided the 16B is in good condition. Nice to hear of the warranty, so it's from a dealer? Good sign.

Can't say one is better than the other. 16 has the bigger battery/range, V8 is new... really hard to say which one I'd take (probably the 16B simply for the bigger range). Maybe make it personal preference - looks, used vs new, 480Wh vs 680Wh, and simply what your intuition tells you to take.

Finally the ks used was really damaged, and the seller is just using it as a demo wheel... :(
So I've to look for the V8 (1000€) or KS16s (1600€).

They are offering me the ks16s with another EUC, a really bad one, to be able to learn with that one and not damaging the ks with the first attempts.

What do you think? Is it worth to pay 600€ to get the ks16s? Maybe later I can sell the other euc and get some money back...

21 minutes ago, Kunta88 said:

They even offered me a ks16 340wh for 1000.

The V8 for the same price should be the better choice, also i have no first hands expirience wuth this wheel.

21 minutes ago, Kunta88 said:

They told me that with this one I have a 30km range... is it true?

Maybe if you're very light, going without incline or headwind at low to moderate speeds...

Prices have gone up? 1000€ for the V8 instead of 850€?

I'm starting to have doubts on the seller. The "free starter wheel + 16S for 1600€" is a decent offer, but 1000€ for a 16B/C with 340Wh is too expensive! You can have that for 800€ (including free shipping to EU) here: http://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/80603321/Products/KS16 (the official German importer for Kingsong, absolutely 100% trustworthy). You can also get a 16B/C with 680Wh for 1050€ there, which would be a better choice than a V8 for around 1000€.

It really depends on the prices and what you can and want to spend:

• 800€ for a 340Wh Kingsong 16B/C from 1rad. "Cheap", but battery is really small.
  • 1050€ for a 680Wh Kingsong 16B/C from 1rad.
  • 1350€ for a Kingsong 16S with 680Wh from 1rad. These are custom (very good quality, better than the manufacturers themselves) batteries and not available normally, the 16S usually has only the 840Wh option. So this is the cheapest 16S you can get.
  • 1600€ or so for the regular Kingsong 16S with 840Wh, either from 1rad (1550€) or your local seller. The offer with the free starter wheel sounds not bad if the seller is otherwise trustworthy. But you can also pad up your 16S and don't need a starter wheel then, both options are good.

• You can also look a the Gotway ACM and the prices for different battery sizes. But for commuting, the trolley handle of the KS16 really is very nice, and the ACM is unpleasant to carry if you don't ride it. There's an external trolley handle, but you have to buy it extra and it's not as good as the built-in one on the KS16. The ACM is a great wheel, but only if you have to almost never carry or trolley it.
  • The new Gotway Tesla? Not sure what the prices are. Not yet available in Europe.
  • The Rockwheel GT16 exists. Comparably cheap (1200 USD = 1000€ and up) and with comparably big battery, a fast and good wheel. External trolley only, but I think it is included with the wheel at least. Buy from "Rockwheel Store" on Aliexpress. And some people may say, not for beginners as a first wheel, maybe that's true (China import vs local seller etc - they have a warehouse in Europe, but the people are only in China unlike local dealers).

• (For 1000€, I don't think the V8 beats any of these, so it's not in the list.
    Also maybe your seller has some good alternatives like used wheels?
    Finally, these are all 16 inch wheels which seems the right choice for commuting. If you want to go cheaper, 14 inchers are available. A Kingsong 14D [1000€] or 14S [1100€ at 1rad, BUT it's 680Wh instead of the standard 840 for the 14S, I think 1200 is the regular 14S price] might still work wonderfully, your initial wheel ideas were 14 inchers too. Or cheaper /older 14 inchers like Gotway MCM3 maybe. There are lots of options.)

Stay calm, don't get confused, and think about what you want (and look forward to riding, sooner or later you'll find the right wheel for you!):efee47c9c8: 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a used ks16 340wh, for almost half the price of a new one.

I've already done a range test, and hit 22km with 30% battery left... so PERFECT for what I was looking for!! :)

Thank you so much to all of you who adviced me! :)

Archived