I followed a lady bicyclist for about 10 minutes in the middle of a park dirt path.  She pulled to the side to let me pass, but I was pretty well near tiltback on my Ninebot One E+ so I couldn't actually pass since she was doing about 20 kph.  I'm sure she was wondering why the heck is this guy following me :confused1:.  I tried to keep a respectful distance :whistling:.  Sure enough I was able to pass her on an uphill portion, but on the downhill going about 20 kph I think she realized that it was my top speed. :unsure:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm sure she was wondering why the heck is this guy following me :confused1:

So why exactly were you following her?

36951673684_11fdc7860f_b.jpg

On 10/9/2017 at 10:40 AM, solocoyote said:

It was dark - I’ve got all the crazy lights turned on and I’m zooming up the sidewalk by a bar.  There were a bunch of smokers outside and one of them says to the others “what… a… NERD!” I dunno… maybe I wasn’t going fast enough to be cool.  In their defense I was balancing a hot pizza box and talking on my watch-phone at the same time.   

That’s really great skills.

And you could hear them while it was dark.

I count five simultaneous sensory attributes at once, maybe six.

Please have someone video record you next time.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, exoplanet said:

You are supposed to suffer and bicycle or use public transport til you can get a car. It's a stigma. It says you are not a productive member of society because obvioously you would have gotten a car if you could afford one. Shure its fun,but so is heroin i am told.

how do we remove the stigma? or should i just get some money and buy real transportation?

It’s the shoes.  Your shoes.

Every woman checks a man’s shoes first.  We all know that.

Impress a woman with your shoes.  She likes it.  Her followers like her then like you.

Watch Kingsman movies.

Further, a tailored suit (sans tie) and umbrella and an attitude that you know where you’re going fits for any riding occasion.

Post pictures.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:19 PM, Rehab1 said:

So why exactly were you following her?

Ninebots sort of have three or four speed ranges squeezed into a 15 mph max range. Without putting number values on the speed ranges they go something like:

Walk (on good battery) or death walk with tiltback (on low  battery)

Soft cruising

Speedy

Fear of tiltback...no beeps

Fear of tiltback...no beeps creeps up on you as you enjoy your speedy ride but realize the Ninebot is preparing to slow you down in its programmed way. Only when you slow it down a bit do you realize that your Ninebot was starting to tiltback, your feet are returning to pedals level and your confidence in the idea of a self balancing EUC is returning. 

The tedium of soft cruising easily gives in to speedy mode which flirts with fear of tiltback when you get carried away for whatever reason.

Nice picture, but I think the mechanics of riding and the motivation to ride in response to natural stimuli can also work on several different but intertwined levels. Girls do have a tendency to respond with 'he's following me' in remote situations. Maybe guys need to see it a little more from the girls perspective.

Gotway Monster and other high speed EUCs blow me away by taking on the traffic speeds too. Getting hurt once badly, requiring professional intervention and relying with dependency on the skills of other people to take care of you can be very sobering to contemplate.

After riding to the grocery store yesterday I took a couple of long one footed glides on the Ninebot, wondering to myself if I might try one footed riding. A black woman standing near her car several feet away from my sidewalk glide quipped 'your one athletic man', which made me laugh.

I talked with a college age couple who were contemplating the use of a gravel rail trail to extend their skate boarding excursion from a paved bike path. They wanted to know if they could ride skate boards in the trail ahead, what was my riding device called, how much does it cost, how far does the battery last and is it hard to learn. I forgot to mention to them that at the end of the rail trail (1-2 miles) in Marblehead I once talked with a guy on an electric skate board. He said he's 'fallen off a few times'.

Such are the risks of low power(wattage) , small diameter (relative to a bicycle) electric powered transportation devices.

• 2 months later...

I know I'm very late but if you have a problem with eucs then dont go on a euc forum 

I dont think you want to discuss anything you just want to rant on people who use them

I think you have some problems exoplanet dont make your problems become other peoples problems

• Keith locked this topic

Archived