houseofjob

16" Tire Width Options  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the option, when purchasing your favorite 16" EUC (Tesla, KS16, ACM, GT16, etc), which tire size would you pick?

• 16" x 2.125"
    • 16" x 2.5"

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Curious to see the favorite tire size preference for the favorite 16" EUC category....

You only listed two sizes, my ninebot has 1.195 tire.  It's a very good tire, but it just seems that the wider the tire, the better the ride.

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

You only listed two sizes, my ninebot has 1.195 tire.  It's a very good tire, but it just seems that the wider the tire, the better the ride.

Ah, forgot about 1.95" width, but often it's interchangeable with 2.125" no? When I had an E+, it was definitely fitted with a 2.125" tire.

As a Lhotz rider, with that nice fat 2.5" tire, whenever I try another 16" (mostly KS-16B/C/S) I always feel (and love) the better motor performance and always miss the wide tire. Not so much on paved surfaces, but as soon as you hit some grass, the difference is enormous. If I could choose my tire freely, maybe I'd even go for a 2.75" or 3".... Well, at least I would love to try that out. But I guess even the Lhotz shell would struggle to fit a larger tire.

@Slaughthammer nice! I figured as much, but listed these 2 tire sizes because they are the most common actual 16'' sizes able to be sourced in China .

It seems on second look too that 16 x 3.0 is fairly prevalent as well, would've listed as well had I known.

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

The wider the tire the lower tire pressure is possible without risking material damage, hence the more comfortable the ride.

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Had King Song try to fit a 16 x 2.5" tire to the 16S. Unfortunately for this Wheel, there's not enough internal clearance to make it work, with scrapping along the control-board cooling fins &  upper corner of the shell.

uc?export=view&id=1uN8q2gBGICUjTP4IlRrjC

uc?export=view&id=1tlIRiDDz-lxj_cSxSpKNT

uc?export=view&id=1cy0e1KfnBLwJ3MAoDSMMQ

To put a 2,5 Inch tire on the KS16 is a totally good known mod in Asia!

What to do is to set the 6 screw holes down by one....so that only 4 screws then hold the Shell. (hope i can explain that correct)

Also there had to be a bit of the side Shell to be removed.

Good examples, where you can see the tyre sits a bit more down and part of the sides has to be removed:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492422071058582/permalink/1778806732420113/?sale_post_id=1778806732420113

or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492422071058582/permalink/1776740165960103/?sale_post_id=1776740165960103

or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492422071058582/permalink/1776954032605383/?sale_post_id=1776954032605383

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

What to do is to set the 6 screw holes down by one....so that only 4 screws then hold the Shell. (hope i can explain that correct)

Also there had to be a bit of the side Shell to be removed.

How about the cooling fins? I can't identify from the FB pictures, but are these tires the Kendas or Chao Yang?

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

How about the cooling fins? I can't identify from the FB pictures, but are these tires the Kendas or Chao Yang?

No Problem...

The main Thing to this mod is: When Fixing the pedals on the Shell....dont push the wheel completly in!

Instead of using all 6 screws...you only use the upper 4 holes/screws, so that the pedal (and so also the axle) sit deeper to the bottom.

With this "trick" the complete wheel/tire does not sit that high in the Shell and you win about 1 Inch at the top.

Sorry, hard to explain in english...but it is a very easy mod...on the photos you see, that the Shell sits Kind of higher on the wheel...thats the solution.

Has nothing todo with tire type..

Hmmmm... interesting. 

Apparently the GT16 to 2.5" wide conversion requires tweaking as well according to @Yi Chen, but not sure exactly what this entails.

And from my V8 tire swap experience, not all same size tires are alike, so 16" x 2.5" Kenda vs 16" x 2.5" CYT might have different clearances.

Since some Kenda treads seem to be the most pronounced against any tire sidewall, my guess is #1 is Kenda, #2 is CYT or similar, and #3 is super hard to even make out.

Archived