GOWAY Tesla: Teardown Video

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think the wheel is covered, but at the sides there appear to be air channels that go down the sides?  I'd have to see some photos of the inside of the shells closely to be able to tell.  Check out this video here:

nope...there are none, that was just a guess of Tishawn!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomek said:

what puzzles me is that the fans seem to open directly towards the wheel. if that's the case, won't they get totally clogged with mud after riding over a few puddles?

No, they are towards the wheel...but the case is closed...there is no hole over the wheel. You can see that in the video, if you look exactly 

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

If someone wants to provide me with a Tesla I can stress test it in our local mountains and tell you exactly how well it performs in terms of heat.

We have certain trails which will overheat any wheel if they can be overheated. The East coast riders really don't know anything about tough riding conditions B),

The ACM and MSuper basically never overheat. The Monster overheats and the KS14S overheats. I think any fan based design will overheat.

• Like 1

I think @EUC Extreme added an additional aluminum heatsink above the control board to draw heat from the MOSFET plastic casings (?) as he stresses his wheels a lot.  Why can't EUC makers use a high temperature 225°C MOSFET/ HTNFET in their designs to get a wider operational tolerance?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I wish that were true.After our ride on Saturday and my dissappointment with the Msuper,I decided to test the ACM2040 on a local hill that has overheated every wheel I have tested on it.Much to my surprise,I made it near the top with it only reading 72C,then it just cut out.At first I thought it was a motor wire again.Turns out I popped a mosfet!;) 

Wow, that sucks. That wheel has been through hell :)

Hopefully you'll be able to locate a new control board fairly easy.

@Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"@Marty Backe

Have you guys already tested a KS16 on your  test trails ?

I ask, because I drove mine over 1300 feet ascents/descents without problems, but it is a lot colder here than in California, therefore a comparison would be interesting for me.  I had a heat alarm once during summer, but I didn't drive during the very hot days, because we were swimming in the river or in the mountains.

1 hour ago, Asylsteirer said:

@Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"@Marty Backe

Have you guys already tested a KS16 on your  test trails ?

I ask, because I drove mine over 1300 feet ascents/descents without problems, but it is a lot colder here than in California, therefore a comparison would be interesting for me.  I had a heat alarm once during summer, but I didn't drive during the very hot days, because we were swimming in the river or in the mountains.

I will test my KS16 today on the Archibald Ave. ascent the popped the ACM2040 mosfet and let you know.Ironically it was next up on the test list anyway.:)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I tested the KS16 today on the Archibald Ave. ascention,the same hill that popped a mosfet in the ACM2040 the other day.It is about a mile and a 1/2 long and climbs over a thousand ft. in altitude and inclines from about 5 degrees and slowly increases to about 30 degrees at the very top.Much to my surprise,the KS16 made it to the top with as much or more power than the ACM and only got up to 60C.I was so impressed that I took it on a fire road near the top of Archibald ave. and went much higher up into the foothills above Rancho Cucamonga.It seemed to perform on a par with the ACM.In fact,I think it may have a little more hill climbing torque.:D

BTW, that's not the 16S right?, which makes it even more impressive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

No, it's not an S, just a plain ol' B. That's why I was so surprised. I don't think Whittier can defeat it.We'll see!:P

If the 14 can't get up that hill I really doubt the 16 can. Maybe some day we'll find out.

2 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I tested the KS16 today on the Archibald Ave. ascention,the same hill that popped a mosfet in the ACM2040 the other day.It is about a mile and a 1/2 long and climbs over a thousand ft. in altitude and inclines from about 5 degrees and slowly increases to about 30 degrees at the very top.Much to my surprise,the KS16 made it to the top with as much or more power than the ACM and only got up to 60C.I was so impressed that I took it on a fire road near the top of Archibald ave. and went much higher up into the foothills above Rancho Cucamonga.It seemed to perform on a par with the ACM.In fact,I think it may have a little more hill climbing torque.:D

Thanks a lot, so it is coincident with my findings with the KS16B, and the KS16S should do even better.

For me this is the confirmation, that the KS16S is currently the by far best 16" wheel on the market, especially for hilly terrain. I doubt, that the GW Tesla can do better, but of course it would be worth a test.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Asylsteirer said:

Thanks a lot, so it is coincident with my findings with the KS16B, and the KS16S should do even better.

For me this is the confirmation, that the KS16S is currently the by far best 16" wheel on the market, especially for hilly terrain. I doubt, that the GW Tesla can do better, but of course it would be worth a test.

Thanks again!

If Kingsong took the KS16 and made it an 84v model with a 2000w motor and a 3'' tire,that would be "da shit"! It would be a KS16UW. UW= Ultimate Wheel.:D

• Like 3

On 10/3/2017 at 12:57 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think the wheel is covered, but at the sides there appear to be air channels that go down the sides?  I'd have to see some photos of the inside of the shells closely to be able to tell.  Check out this video here:

Did anyone else notice the length of the trolley handle? "1 foot 16 inches" so 2 foot 4 inches then?  ;) I like the look & sound of the Tesla especially the, potential, 60 miles on a charge. I won't get that on my Monster with 1600wh!

also I see the "Gotway Tesla Teardown" got derailed & became a Kingsong discussion?  :P 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/3/2017 at 6:03 AM, Tomek said:

what puzzles me is that the fans seem to open directly towards the wheel. if that's the case, won't they get totally clogged with mud after riding over a few puddles?

Damn! I'm gonna have to be careful where I roll over. Definitely staying away from muddy, sticky stuff as rotating wheel will throw stuff into the fans. Terrible! :facepalm: