Unicycle Batteries And The Design Flaw That Makes Wheels Dangerous

Ken Taylor

On 10/12/2017 at 5:00 AM, Marty Backe said:

How do you accomplish this exactly?  As far as I know it's not possible to turn off a wheel while it's moving.

Thanks.

The kill switch of the V8 engages already above zero speed, maybe at <3km/h or so. This makes indeed sense, as, for example, when I go down stairs in a hurry the switch would probably not engage otherwise and I would end up spinning out the wheel.

16 hours ago, Ken Taylor said:

@Mono it never occurred to me to practice unpowered dismounts. As @Marty Backe said, I don't know even know how to do it. I've tried starting unpowered a few times but never been able to mount successfully. I thought it was impossible.

I guess I didn't express myself very well, as I didn't want to say it is easy to successfully mount an unpowered wheel. I usually lose the wheel before I can put the second foot on the pedal. Yet I start to get a feeling how an unpowered wheel under my feet behaves. 

9 minutes ago, Mono said:

I guess I didn't express myself very well, as I didn't want to say it is easy to successfully mount an unpowered wheel. I usually lose the wheel before I can put the second foot on the pedal. Yet I start to get a feeling how an unpowered wheel under my feet behaves. 

That guy looks out-of-control and it doesn't look very fun. I'll stick with my EUC. But I can appreciate the effort put into this.

:w00t2: Actually it's mucho fun!  That's how I normally ride around pedestrians with my EUC powered on!  I'm usually also going at the top of my lungs yelling "Ahhhh ooohhh whoa whoa  aaahhhhhh!!!!" at the same time while weaving and slaloming.  Works wonders in clearing the pathway of pesky people and gawkers.  :whistling:

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That guy looks out-of-control and it doesn't look very fun. I'll stick with my EUC. But I can appreciate the effort put into this.

Riding BCs isn't for me either, it's just too difficult to do. I wouldn't have thought it is possible at all, but apparently it is.

Archived