Gotway M18 Purchase - Where?? US Resident

Hi all! 

After commuting close to 350 miles on my Ninebot E+, I am now looking for something a little faster! I have been researching, and want to purchase a Gotway M18 high speed model. The only problem, I cant find anyone who sells them??

Can anyone here point me in the right direction? 

Thanks! 

-Chrispy

There is Jane Mo who sells direct for Gotway and Kevin Lee is their main international sales dealer.

Both are members here so you can message them for prices and shipping details.

I have dealt with both personally and have no hesitation in recommending them.

They both sell in US $ so nice and simple for you. :)

@Chrispy: Funny, I pretty much went the same route. I used a NB1 E for about 400km commuting, then upgraded to a M18 (MS model; bought locally in Germany). And I am very happy with that choice.

As I couldn't find a local seller for a Gotway Mten I want to add to my collection, I turned to Jane Mo. So far, I failed to repeat Gimlets positive experience buying direct. Pls see http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/827-worried-my-gotway-mten-purchase-may-go-sour/

Until now, I cannot report any change for the better. I will update that thread with any new development. 

Thank you both for your responses. Tilmann, I echo some of the responses in the other thread you posted. Working overseas often takes a while, have you received any correspondence back from Jane? 

Thank you both for your responses. Tilmann, I echo some of the responses in the other thread you posted. Working overseas often takes a while, have you received any correspondence back from Jane? 

Nup, I'm feeling actively ignored as I see online activity by Jane Mo with the very facebook account I use to communicate with her (in fact, I received an invitation to like the Gotway page on Sunday from her account). I tried fb PMs, PMs to her account on this board and direct email - no response. Time difference of a few hours to me does not explain silence for close to one week. Language barrier? Jane's fb profile states, that she studied Business English - that's way more english language education than I can claim for myself (I did work in Asia and the US for a while, though).

I have no further information than the facts I stated and I don't want to speculate. As you asked the community for recommendations, I wanted to add my 5c worth of very recent experience, which indicates a not quite as flawless transaction as Gimlet must have had the pleasure to enjoy.

Another very recent development to consider when buying any EUC overseas is the increasing reluctance of many air carriers to accept anything with a larger Li-based battery for air transport. You will find ample comments on that subject inside this forum.

Sorry for acting like a party pooper around here. I'm just a great fan of informed decisions - even if that means informed risk taking.

Buying direct from China or via Hong Kong is never going to be quick or simple and I have advised many times in the past that if you are not willing to take your wheel apart and repair it yourself it is not a good idea as returning for repair is not an option.

That being said both Jane and Kevin are happy to give guidance and advice and supply replacement parts.

Jane can be a little slow to respond occasionally and Kevin does seem to be quicker in this respect, when replacement parts are needed however there will be an inevitable delay and unless you have more than one wheel as I do you could end up wheel less for weeks on end.

Recently my mcm has been out of action for nearly 2 months due to a mosfet burning out on the control board. Should have been a simple replacement which I would have expected to take 2 or 3 weeks but due to misunderstandings and the original board supplied being the AMK motor board rather than the correct one for my HB motor it's taken a lot longer, and even now as the blue tooth module doesn't register on any of the family's phones it is stuck on soft mode, which I hate. I'm sure it will all be sorted eventually but if I didn't have alternative wheels to ride it would be highly annoying.

So if a reliable local supplier exists then I would always recommend using them, but if you can only get the wheel that you "REALLY MUST HAVE" from China then just be aware that with all the best will in the world the distance and language will cause problems and repairs will take time.

Archived