~~~Please Help (GotWay Tesla Error)~~~

jzamora

Hello EUC fam, just got my very first EUC and already experiencing some issues! I don't know what to do. When I turn the device on it make these beeps but the gyro won't activate, it's fully charged too.  I'm attaching a video link of the problem. Any advice or known experts to take it too would be much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eDJl6FFmxoIu9f033

So it begins once more :rolleyes:.  Where are you located?  I wonder if it could be a connection issue to the Hall Effect sensors.  Maybe open it up and check that all connectors are sound.  Gently jiggle wiring around to try to detect a loose contact. This does not look good for QC on a brand new wheel...

Unless it's maybe a low battery condition?  Maybe the charger is defective?  Shouldn't there be eight lit LEDs on top?.  Have you contacted your seller?  I wonder what the rapid two beep error message means. 

Edit: 2 beeps might be Hall sensor related...

Gotway Diagnostic Beeps

@jzamora some questions:

• Where did you buy the Tesla from and do they refuse to help?
  • Have you tried opening it up at all?
  • Was it ever working properly, ie. balancing, etc?

Since you're local, I'd be willing to help out with opening the wheel, diagnosing/troubleshooting, etc, just PM me.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I have contacted the seller (overseas mainland China b/c I was impatient and didnt want the preorder (probably problem #1). I was riding fine yesterday and then charged to 100% (see updated link with full bars) https://photos.app.goo.gl/bq7o9NpNk96ooCW93

Now it's stuck in this mode. Seller is going to have the engineers take a look at the video and see if they can diagnose it/perhaps send parts if it's something they can solve via beeps,

In sum: it was properly balancing, I got it from China, and I have not opened it up just in case doing so would void warranty. If seller doesn't help I will probably seek to repair/get parts myself 

Good luck. 

It's near impossible to diagnose without opening up the wheel in my experience, and see what's going on. Could be a motor wire detached on a bump, bad board, but without opening, who knows.

Either way, hope you resolve quickly and the offer to help is still there.

8 hours ago, jzamora said:

Hello EUC fam, just got my very first EUC and already experiencing some issues! I don't know what to do. When I turn the device on it make these beeps but the gyro won't activate, it's fully charged too.  I'm attaching a video link of the problem. Any advice or known experts to take it too would be much appreciated! 

I replied to your Facebook post, so I think you have everything you need now to resolve this. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 8:44 AM, jzamora said:

hey man I'm also I NY and have a tesla.. I can help diagnose.. Let me know. Good luck!! 

On 30.9.2017 at 7:59 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

So it begins once more :rolleyes:.

Haha, literally what I was thinking seeing the title. Well, more like "So it begins this time" or "So it begins again" ... but the start was definitely "So it begins":efee8319ab:

Good luck to OP, hope you get this fixed soon and easily.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, literally what I was thinking seeing the title. Well, more like "So it begins this time" or "So it begins again" ... but the start was definitely "So it begins":efee8319ab:

Good luck to OP, hope you get this fixed soon and easily.

This is just a random failure of the Hall Sensors in this wheel, or hopefully the Hall Sensors cable came lose (easy fix).

• 3 weeks later...

@jzamora @Marty Backe @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I seem to be facing the same issue. Unboxed the wheel, plugged in the charger, waited for an hour, tried powering on to see if it works and it starts making the "bip bibip bibip bibip" beeping and does not balance.

I can open up the wheel but have no idea what to look for. Marty mentioned replying to a Facebook post with more information? Any suggestions on what to do?

6 minutes ago, Flow said:

@jzamora @Marty Backe @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I seem to be facing the same issue. Unboxed the wheel, plugged in the charger, waited for an hour, tried powering on to see if it works and it starts making the "bip bibip bibip bibip" beeping and does not balance.

I can open up the wheel but have no idea what to look for. Marty mentioned replying to a Facebook post with more information? Any suggestions on what to do?

Actually, I think maybe it was @KingSong69 who mentioned Facebook.  If it was my wheel I would open it and inspect the Hall sensor cable the comes out of the motor axle and goes directly to the control board. There's a ~6 pin connector, and maybe (hopefully) the connector is not making a good connection.

Historically, Hall Sensor failures inside the motor are very rare. For a new wheel I think it's more likely that there is a cabling problem.

10 minutes ago, Flow said:

Sorry, I just saw the Facebook reference that I made. I was just telling @jzamora that I had provided him some information on Facebook. I had told him about the Gotway diagnostic code that confirms a Hall Sensor failure. Two fast beeps followed by 1/2 second pause, then the cycle repeats. This means a Hall Sensor (or cable) problem.

54 minutes ago, Flow said:

Take a video of the problem demonstrating the error and lack of balance.  Contact your seller asking what they suggest and show them the video before doing too much dismantling.  Hopefully it is just a contact problem in the cabling like Marty mentioned, but no one so far has reported what the solution for then was unfortunately.

Archived