Did anyone upgrade speakers on KS16?

PsychoFreud

Hey guys,

I play music when riding my KS16, but I want to upgrade the speakers to be louder.
Has anyone any experience on doing that?  Any problems when changing the speakers that I should be aware of?
And what speaker did you try out?

I want the whole city to know I'm coming their way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 11:35 AM, PsychoFreud said:

Hey guys,

I play music when riding my KS16, but I want to upgrade the speakers to be louder.
Has anyone any experience on doing that?  Any problems when changing the speakers that I should be aware of?
And what speaker did you try out?

I want the whole city to know I'm coming their way.

On 11/22/2017 at 6:22 AM, Hapsflaps7laps said:

Finally joined this forum... because im wanting to do the same.. modify my speakers.. have you made any progress?

What about just adding a bluetooth speaker to the outside of the shell?  Seems like it would be a lot easier.  Maybe add two.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:55 PM, Smoother said:

@PsychoFreud and @Hapsflaps7laps  You're both new contributors to this forum, and you're both already heading down a bad path.

I'd be very careful playing any KingSong speakers loudly, or just on the move, period (factory or custom).  KingSong speakers face sideways, and are about 35cm from the ground.  Your ears are over 1.5m above that, and subject to significant wind noise above about 10kmh (estimated. its cold wet and dark outside and I don't feel like getting an actual speed reading).  For you to hear anything meaningful you have to play the music very loud, although it will not seem that loud to you.  BUT TO OTHERS, you are being a total obnoxious pratt.  If you really want to make enemies out of EVERYONE you pass, go ahead and crank those suckers up.

You'll probably get retaliation attacks too, and other hostile responses, and possible EUCs cracked down on by the Police in your town.

We are ambassadors of this hobby, please don't go out of your way to make people hate us.

It seems like it would be on tier with playing music out of your phone on a train or a bus, so thank you for saying this. Mostly for novelty, but not for actually use.

Maybe just play spaceship engine sounds? :)

2 hours ago, Knifa said:

It seems like it would be on tier with playing music out of your phone on a train or a bus, so thank you for saying this. Mostly for novelty, but not for actually use.

Maybe just play spaceship engine sounds? :)

Yes, the speakers make an awesome horn, playing sounds from the internet or apps.  And maybe as a PA system if some sort of microphone app has bluetooth features. The speakers ARE useful if you have wheeled to a destination and want to sit a while, and listen to some appropriate music (without bothering others).  Then it makes a pretty good speaker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yes, the speakers make an awesome horn, playing sounds from the internet or apps.  And maybe as a PA system if some sort of microphone app has bluetooth features. The speakers ARE useful if you have wheeled to a destination and want to sit a while, and listen to some appropriate music (without bothering others).  Then it makes a pretty good speaker.

Yes @Smoother

Having also done the 'ol "sit n listen" while on a pause from riding is sufficient and satisfying with the stock speakers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffee guy said:

Yes @Smoother

Having also done the 'ol "sit n listen" while on a pause from riding is sufficient and satisfying with the stock speakers.

I very rarely use my KS-14C speakers whilst riding but I use them regularly as portable Bluetooth speakers at home. They are perfect when, for example, I’m in my workshop or garden and plenty loud enough.

Of course, if you do need a sound bite to clear dawdling pedestrians out of your way you cannot do better than pick your favourite aircraft noise from this YouTube video:

And if you want to see how effective it is this video demonstrates the effect well ?  Don’t play the below one if swearing offends though!

Edited by Keith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Keith said:

I very rarely use my KS-14C speakers whilst riding but I use them regularly as portable Bluetooth speakers at home. They are perfect when, for example, I’m in my workshop or garden and plenty loud enough.

Of course, if you do need a sound bite to clear dawdling pedestrians out of your way you cannot do better than pick your favourite aircraft noise from this YouTube video:

And if you want to see how effective it is this video demonstrates the effect well ?  Don’t play the below one if swearing offends though!

:roflmao:F me indeed.  I didn't know Alain De Cadenet knew language like that.  That was a freaking low pass.  In the still photo at the end, the prop tip is no more than a foot above the ground.  Only EUC face planters fly lower than that.

Edited by Smoother

• 2 years later...