We've decided to take on The Man

pArmitage

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I didnt speak about the legal issues, where btw this thing is no way better, i spoke about driving abilities and issues, where i got -a tiny bit- experience

But Ok, Some have to learn the hard way., luckily it are only thousand bucks. perhaps at least the right tire pressure is stamped onto the Go Kart tire...

i paid $799 as i said previously. supposedly 30 day money back guarantee. u could be right, it might be terrible, but i won’t know until i get my hands on it. i didn’t know all of y’all were running around on underrated tires or underinflated tires until i got my euc’s. when my k01 shows up, i’ll let u know. i think the handle that u hold and the slow speed might make this device have a better chance of acceptance. for me, if it saves me time going to my mailbox, i’ll be satisfied. and no flat tires, that’s huge for me.

• Upvote 1

i think/guess CA will lead the US in writing laws for the rest of the country, for these electric unicycle and hopefully treated at least as good as hoverboards. government  or anybody’s easy answer is “no”, but taking the little kids hoverboards away makes u an ogre.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/laws-struggle-to-keep-up-as-hoverboards-popularity-soars/

On 9/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, novazeus said:

my driveway is about 2000 feet long. my mailbox and deliveries are at my gate. i need to go check my mail because i might have something worthhile in my mailbox. i can walk, probably what i’ll do because that’s what Bob wants, drive my truck or take a polaris. if my driveway was cleared, and i was proficient at euc riding, would i suit up with wristguards, gloves, kneepads, helmet etc etc just to get the mail, i rarely put on clothes. i’m thinking for this short trip iin flip flops and shorts, the k01 might be the thing i grab. if it’s easy and saves me time and pennies to run without much maintenance, i’m in.

2000FT?  You live at the end of a runway?  :)

• 3 years later...

I truly believe the best legislation governs behavior and not what device you're riding.  Loosely defining an EUC as a PEV is fine, and then regulate the way they are ridden.

For example, yield to pedestrians and speeds limited to 9mph on sidewalks.

You don't ban all cars that are capable of 90mph from being operated on residential streets.

Legislate behavior so we can enjoy riding our EUC's most everywhere. 

• Like 1