Kiwano KO1 - One Wheel Scooter

Henrik Olsen

40 minutes ago, xSAMCOx said:

Not ridden or tryed a euc yet , its a goal of my in 2021 to try n learn. Buy like You seen the kiwano minuses on Youtube i also seen the minuses of EUCs on YouTube the accidents the faults people have with diffrent Brands.well if one dont try one cant really jugde from others persons exsperiences.

The kiwano is more a toy a EUC is/can be a transport device it how i see it. 

No worries brother, by no means am I saying EUCs are safe as I know ppl crash everything & anything. Nor am I being a wisenheimer & I'm definitely not trying to be rude nor offensive. Like you wrote, everything has +/-'s...cest la vie.

It's just that from a 3rd party pov, I can't for the life of me see the raison d'etre of this device besides looking cool. IMO it does look really really cool. It's a horrible concept or perhaps execution of a concept with almost zero redeeming virtue but it does look cool.

As a true last mile commuter, have you looked at an Mten3? It weighs 10kg, goes 20mph, 30+km real world range (likely close to 50km at K01's 15kph topend) & it fits into a backpack. Hows that for a last mile solution? Best of all, its terrifically fun to ride & is cheaper than the K01. At around similar K01 money, there's the MCM5 V2 which is 1.1kg heavier but goes 25+mph with a likely range of 70kms if we do the topspd of the K01. It'll not only go offroad, it'll likely climb any urban hill/s (really, not theoretically). 

As for K01 vs EUC riding fun, I'll leave you to experience that yourself👍

On 12/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, Scottie888 said:

No worries brother, by no means am I saying EUCs are safe as I know ppl crash everything & anything. Nor am I being a wisenheimer & I'm definitely not trying to be rude nor offensive. Like you wrote, everything has +/-'s...cest la vie.

It's just that from a 3rd party pov, I can't for the life of me see the raison d'etre of this device besides looking cool. IMO it does look really really cool. It's a horrible concept or perhaps execution of a concept with almost zero redeeming virtue but it does look cool.

As a true last mile commuter, have you looked at an Mten3? It weighs 10kg, goes 20mph, 30+km real world range (likely close to 50km at K01's 15kph topend) & it fits into a backpack. Hows that for a last mile solution? Best of all, its terrifically fun to ride & is cheaper than the K01. At around similar K01 money, there's the MCM5 V2 which is 1.1kg heavier but goes 25+mph with a likely range of 70kms if we do the topspd of the K01. It'll not only go offroad, it'll likely climb any urban hill/s (really, not theoretically). 

Yes its one i do covider as it could been easly tossed in the car. Ill decide during spring 

• Like 1

thanks for all the responses ladies and gentleman. the kiwano was purchased as more of a fun for the kids to ride around neighborhood... it seems really cool but unfortunate it broke and durability is a huge question mark.  i did email the 3rd party reseller to see if there is anything they can do (fix, etc.) - haven't heard back but i assume since the company itself is completely gone, that the unit is probably worthless at this point.  the only 'silver lining' i suppose is that i purchased the unit at clearance, sounds like it may have been one of the last in stock (no longer available) - it was $380.. a lot of the other EUC's that you've all recommended are easily double/triple that price :) !!
thanks again all - have a wonderful NEW YEAR!

• Like 1

I use the pogo stick evry day :P at work just to fuzz around with. Shame i cant upolad to this tread.

starting to Get the hang of it i never flat faced or wobbled like crazy like those You tube vids i was seeing buying it lol.

trick is clamp the feets close to the centre m then one gets balance going on one.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, Scottie888 said:

Oh the kiawano was much cheaper than a Mten3 but i decided n orderd a euc this evning i went for a lill boring one a Ninebot one S2 insted of a Mten3 this time as a first learning one . Would love a sherman but the tought of destroying one learning is lill iffy to me... ill take a small learning step n upgrade as i go ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xSAMCOx said:

Oh the kiawano was much cheaper than a Mten3 but i decided n orderd a euc this evning i went for a lill boring one a Ninebot one S2 insted of a Mten3 this time as a first learning one . Would love a sherman but the tought of destroying one learning is lill iffy to me... ill take a small learning step n upgrade as i go ....

Ahhh pardon me if I was wrong on the price of the Kiwano as I thought it was about usd$1k. Allow me also comment on getting your 1st wheel as well. The Ninebot S2 is a valid beginner wheel but usually, its a wheel that one will outgrow as one progress with this hobby. Unless ofcos, one discovers that EUCs doesn't float their boat.

IMO the Mten3 while a very fun wheel isn't the best choice as a 1st (& perhaps only) wheel. Its more of a 2/3rd wheel in a stable or as a true last mile commuter. IMO the MCM5 (esp in its V2 iteration) is arguably the best wheel <1k euro. Its the next size up from the Mten3 in GW's lineup & IMO is the best value for a real world rideable. Hell, I even bought one😄.

Regardless enjoy whatever EUC you get. I think you'll love it👍

4 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Ahhh pardon me if I was wrong on the price of the Kiwano as I thought it was about usd$1k. Allow me also comment on getting your 1st wheel as well. The Ninebot S2 is a valid beginner wheel but usually, its a wheel that one will outgrow as one progress with this hobby. Unless ofcos, one discovers that EUCs doesn't float their boat.

IMO the Mten3 while a very fun wheel isn't the best choice as a 1st (& perhaps only) wheel. Its more of a 2/3rd wheel in a stable or as a true last mile commuter. IMO the MCM5 (esp in its V2 iteration) is arguably the best wheel <1k euro. Its the next size up from the Mten3 in GW's lineup & IMO is the best value for a real world rideable. Hell, I even bought one😄.

Regardless enjoy whatever EUC you get. I think you'll love it👍

Im jumping flat face into it , well ill learn on that S2 and Get sumting better as i get hopfully the hang of it , i prob trash the S2 slight learning looking at the how to  You tube vids :blink1: no going back now

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 5:11 PM, jacknew said:

i've been trying to find out anything i can on the kiwano k01+; and came across this post.

i purchased one for my son for christmas (just opened today), it accidentally crashed into a wall and the screen was busted - it still turns on but just beeps; the screen lights up but since it is broken, nothing is legible. 

i'm wondering, since this thread is relatively new, if there is any one out there that can help fix this?  would a scooter electrician be able to fix this... the kiwano facebook and website seem to be dead; if you go to the kiwano website right now, the only product that is selling is a PS5 charger (yes, super random).

and since i purchased this from a 3rd party via amazon, i don't think i'll have any luck with the reseller.

thoughts anyone?! kid is heart broken, lesson learned but hoping someone may have some idea on how to get this potentially fixed... even if we wanted to get a new one; it definitely looks like this product is discontinued and we won't be able to get it anywhere else...

@jacknew Where you able to track down parts? I need a gyro/ speed controller for mines

• 1 month later...

Anybody know how I can get the Kiwano K01 to work again....  the app was erased from my phone and is no longer available in the Apple App Store.  When I tried it on a google phone after side loading the google app, I was not able to log in or connect...  So, right now the K01 is a very heavy paperweight....  Any ideas

Does anyone know how to reset or recalibrate the Kiwano without taking it apart?  It had one bad fall and now it feels a little bit off.  But in any case, I’ve had the Kiwano for 4-5 months and I love it.  It’s so much fun and definitely a high learning curve. But it’s definitely just a toy, a very fun toy.  Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone.  It's January, 2023.  I have a K01+ that I bought in 2020/2021.  It's new in the box and not riden once.

I bought it as a resale investment.  Lemme kniw if anyone is interested in purchasing.  Plz, no foul language or negativity since the reviews for K01+ and K01 are all a mixed bag.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

There's simply a very small market for Kiwano's. They're a niche, for curious people to try out self balancing tech.

But I've never seen a heavily used Kiwano for sale. All of them are in mint condition. That means that nobody has found use for it after a few initial tries.

People who can't ride euc are better of with a segway or hoverboard.

I do like that they made the effort to make real carbon parts. Though it's a shame that they will all end up as waste when the batteries die.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it is an interesting concept, but at the end of the day it is just a very slow EUC with a very large, awkwardly sticking-out, and most of all totally unnecessary handlebar. It probably made free-mounting a lot easier, I'll give it that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 8:46 PM, mhpr262 said:

Yeah, it is an interesting concept, but at the end of the day it is just a very slow EUC with a very large, awkwardly sticking-out, and most of all totally unnecessary handlebar. It probably made free-mounting a lot easier, I'll give it that.

It would be interesting to see if these things could be converted to Onewheels.

They have a wide tire. Fix 2 scateboard halves to it and remove the handle