Kiwano KO1 - One Wheel Scooter

Henrik Olsen

Well... I dont like it, but i am not the right person to like new wheels, lololol.

I only like two or tree wheels: my ks 18s, msuper v3, V8... ahhhh, i like ks16s,...

These thing is a bad prototype.... I think they should give up this idea...

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

I didn't see anyone turning on it....do you just ride this in a straight line?

Actually, if you look at the girl riding at 2:24 she seems to be having a job trying to keep it in a straight line, it does look like it will turn fairly well. 

I'm more concerned at the on grass footage at 2:54 the way it is behaving there (the handle having to be moved back and forwards a long way)  and the slow speed it's doing suggests the motor is very low powered, which may also explains the 15km/h top speed.

i think I concur with @Henrik Olsens view that it is not ready yet, however I suspect it will take more than a software upgrade to go faster.

I'm also not at all sure that the long handle is anything more than a damned nuisance compared with an EUC, however I suspect it might feel safer and easier to ride to a new rider so it might, just possibly, sell to people who do not have EUC experience or the confidence to try an EUC - that can only be a good thing ?.

Final thought, it has a strange name for a device that is badged as London England - I wonder if they need a demo rider as I'm near there?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Keith said:

I'm also not at all sure that the long handle is anything more than a damned nuisance compared with an EUC, however I suspect it might feel safer and easier to ride to a new rider so it might, just possibly, sell to people who do not have EUC experience or the confidence to try an EUC - that can only be a good thing ?.

I can see how that could be an issue. When I started riding my KS I was using the strap, but turns out it was really distracting me from riding it like it should. Trying to hold onto something, especially with one hand, while balancing seems more difficult after you already know how to balance.

I have never been on a segway though...so maybe it's just different.

And, what's up with the camo , are they trying to market this to the military?

Edited by Circuitmage
  • Upvote 2

That machine shows a lot of promise, but not as it is. It is a one wheel segway for whatever that is worth. Looks like they just took a one wheel skateboard and repurposed it. Nifty, but not really useful except to rack your gullible freinds who attempt to transition from grass to pavement while riding it.

• Like 3

For me this thing looks just like a Segway...perhaps a bit more moveable, but other than that with absolutly no advantage over a electric unicycle. Might be a nice „try first gadget“ for people that never have tried self balancing devices, but not a competitive device to an EUC at all. 

Also: When Kimano claims 15miles range...you probably only get a max of 7—8 in real life...

Nope, nothing for me then...dont need a broomstick for unicycling :-)

• Like 2

as last mile transportation, i do see some advantages over euc's. no bending over. the handle should mean less likely to get away from you on an unintentional dismount(important for being around pedestrians). kickstand. no flats ever, less maintenance. tire rated for capacity, maybe. possibly easier to ride. portability on stairs.  maybe idle in one placewithout stepping off. not having to leave the house looking like a gladiator for a short trip.i don't think it competes with euc's rather it could complement them by possibly being easier to get people on one. ie shorter learning curve. 

• Upvote 1

Think there is still the same learning curve on this, perhaps a little easier since because of the fat wheel?  Maybe the handle will allow people to try more with this than the traditional EUC's. I can see people getting hurt on the handle when they fall. I think they should try to make a version that has no handle.  But that would be the Solowheel Iota which has two wheels to make it feel like a fat wheel.  LOL

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

as last mile transportation, i do see some advantages over euc's. no bending over. the handle should mean less likely to get away from you on an unintentional dismount(important for being around pedestrians). kickstand. no flats ever, less maintenance. tire rated for capacity, maybe. possibly easier to ride. portability on stairs.  maybe idle in one placewithout stepping off. not having to leave the house looking like a gladiator for a short trip.i don't think it competes with euc's rather it could complement them by possibly being easier to get people on one. ie shorter learning curve. 

I dont see that as last mile transportation at all.

My small euc i can carry away, this thing is as untransportable as an segway.

Unintentional dismounts i havent had one in the last year, so that happens on Eucs only in the first 2 week beginner phase.

Why shouldnt it have flats? Ask „one wheel“ board owners...fat tires like this are not changeable without garage/machine help.

And yeah, falling ...cuting out with such a handle bar between the legs, good luck. exaclty like this EUCs which are for sitting and with a bicycle like handle bar, even more dangerous than any EUC.

From riding segway and mini pro...everything with an handle bar or pole, makes moving more uncomfortable and a kind of boring device.

My view...

But for sure, easier learning curve, like on a 2 wheel EUC, because of the wide tire. Nonetheless i wouldnt recommend a 2 wheel euc to anyone....as it is a totally disappointing driving experience. Think about driving over a small bump -or a sidewalk edge diagonally - with this Kimano thing, where the bump is only under a side part of the tire...it would throw the handle to the left/right. better not...

• Like 2

it weighs around 15kg and u can drag it like an euc or power it alongside u, so after two weeks everybody gets rid of protection gear?

i think if an euc seller was on one corner and a k01 seller was on the other corner,price being the same, i think the k01 seller will sell more because i think the public might be more inclined to try the one with a handle.

if unintentional dismounts only happen in the first two weeks, i wish u people would quit riding around looking like ur going to battle. ur scaring eveybody.

• Upvote 2