Motor problem

Jay Barnett

Ok, so i was riding as normal and suddenly cut out. Now the wheel doesnt turn normally even with the battery unplugged and no power left in the capacitors it still wont turn.. it turns but its stutters as you turn it? It no longer spins freely.. could this be a burn out/short in the motor causing a change in the magnetic field?
After i unplugged and was replugging the battery there was a huge bang as the battery plug touched the socket.. usually there is a slight spark as the connection is made but this time it was a big bang.. im wondering if a short in the motor caused it to short the battery.. its confusing. Whatevers happened it aint good!

I did try a different controller for a bit and then switched back to the old one. So my wheel was exactly as when i bought it when it died 2 days back. I dont know if its related to me trying a different controller board. Wheel was running great. I suspect it was simply 6 months of hard riding and a poor quality cheap no brand motor shorting out, but who knows.

Archived